There was an error deleting the item from Emby Server.

toddgoodsite@outlook.com

toddgoodsite@outlook.com

Anybody know how to setup ReadyNas so it allows deleting of videos?  I know it only plays videos when you allow anonymous access, which I have done and it plays just fine but when I try and delete anything I get "There was an error deleting the item from Emby Server. Please check that Emby Server has write access to the media folder and try again."  

I have every single account selected read/write, including the everyone group.  The anonymous access group is just a checkbox on/off so it has no permissions.  Any ideas?

Hi, is the media also stored on the NAS or another device on the network?

toddgoodsite@outlook.com

Hi, is the media also stored on the NAS or another device on the network?

Yes the media is stored right on the NAS that has the Emby App running on it.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from the deletion attempt? Thanks !

toddgoodsite@outlook.com
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from the deletion attempt? Thanks !

Sure it's at 19:11, error processing request in the log

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...

What folder path did you add for the library in Emby library setup. It looks like you added a network path even though the files are on the same NAS. Why do it that way?

toddgoodsite@outlook.com

Well, to be honest that's the only way I knew how to do it.  That's the path to the files, but I see what you are saying it's a network path.  I have no idea what the local path would be then.  I used \\toddsnas\emby which is how I would browse to those files on my windows computer.

Edited by toddgoodsite@outlook.com

Have you tried using the file browser on the nas to browse to the folder? What path does it say?

toddgoodsite@outlook.com

When I use the NAS browser it goes to: \ToddsNAS\data\Emby but if I put that path in Emby it gives me an error.  

image.png.8e8c7b22bc931acf9fbdfa87f4329140.png

toddgoodsite@outlook.com

Do you happen to know if there is a way to backup your settings so if I had to do this all over again, I would not have to go through all these steps.  I was looking for an export or backup settings but I can't find it.  @cayars