momo2

momo2

One of my media was incorrectly identified, so I grabbed the IMDB ID and put it in the IMDB ID field when you click on "Identify". It found the correct item and when I click the button to update the artwork, it stalls for a bit then the artwork doesn't change.

I look at the logs and see the following:

2020-05-11 00:15:21.599 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for /media/mnt_dir/name_of_media_file
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.2.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.19.0.8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: Host is down
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
	   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.GetFileSystemChildren(IDirectoryService directoryService)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.IO.FileSystem
	TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)

A bit of info about my setup. Media is stored on an SMB network share. SMB network share mounted via fstab in Debian. The SMB share is given read access ONLY. The artwork and subtitles are saved locally on the Debian machine that is running Emby.

One of my media was incorrectly identified, so I grabbed the IMDB ID and put it in the IMDB ID field when you click on "Identify". It found the correct item and when I click the button to update the artwork, it stalls for a bit then the artwork doesn't change.

I look at the logs and see the following:

EDIT: Solved the issue. The VM that Emby was running in was out of disk space. Emby couldn't download the cover art or subtitles. Maybe a clearer error should be put in the logs to show this?

EDIT2: Turns out the real issue was that I didn't set the SMB network share to automatically mount the device on boot.  https://wiki.debian.org/SAMBAClientSetup

Edited by momo2