Adding MB3 media folders to XBMC homepage.

elsmandino

elsmandino

Hi,

Apologies if this is not even possible but is there anyway that I can have the XBMB3C "Music" folder sync up with the "Music" folder on the XBMC homepage (I am using the Amber Skin btw)?

At the moment, I have to go to video add-ons, open the XBMB3C add-on, then scroll down to to the Music folder that way.

This is not, in itself, a major problem but it leaves the Music folder on the homepage redundant and it would be great if the two were linked up.

Hope that makes sense - let me know if not.

im85288

Hello,

Yes that makes sense totally, the Amber skin has not been modded by anyone for XBMB3C mode where similar to the "Go Plex" mode the skin has it would do these sort of things automatically for you. The author of the skin @@pecinko was a member of the developers here and is probably the best person to ask to mod Amber for XBMB3C mode.

If you feel like doing this yourself it is not too difficult. Have a look at here where I did Aeon MQ5: https://github.com/im85288/skin.aeonmq5.xbmb3c the changes to the original skin are the ones with comments such as "further MB3 additions"

im85288

I had a look at Amber and to answer your query specifically you would need to change the following found in Includes.xml

<item id="6" description="Music">
      <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(plexbmc)</visible>
      <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Music.Hide)</visible>
      <label>$LOCALIZE[2]</label>
      <thumb fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/Music.jpg">$INFO[Skin.String(Music.Background)]</thumb>
      <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(Music) + !Skin.HasSetting(ArtistView)">ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,root)</onclick>
      <onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(Music)">ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,root)</onclick>
      <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(Music) + Skin.HasSetting(ArtistView)">ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Artists)</onclick>
    </item>

to something like

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(plexbmc)</visible>
      <thumb fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/Music.jpg">$INFO[Skin.String(Music.Background)]</thumb>
      <onclick>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(xbmb3c.std.music.0.path)]</onclick>
    </item>

This would get music showing the XBMB3C version instead...however a better mod would be to include a new skin setting for xbmb3c mode so you ended up with something like:

<visible>Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)</visible>
    </item>

You will also need to add this line at the start of Home.xml

<onload condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.xbmb3c)">RunScript(plugin.video.xbmb3c,skin)</onload>

Edited by im85288

elsmandino

Thanks so much for that - although I had absolutely no experience (or indeed knowledge) of modding Skins, I completely see that this is what needs to be done to get XBMB3C into the Homepage.

In light of your comments that other Skins have already been modded, I did try out the Confluence version and although it was currently limited (I lost my Live TV and Video sections) I suppose that is the whole point - i.e. you can mod this and add them back in.

I did have a go at modding the Amber Skin but I managed to mess things up.  I ended up a blank screen when I loaded up XBMC.

I need to have a good read through the available documentation on modding but in the meantime, would it be possible just to clarify how I would go about making this suggested mod please:

... a better mod would be to include a new skin setting for xbmb3c mode so you ended up with something like:

<visible>Skin.HasSetting(xbmb3c)</visible>
    </item>

You will also need to add this line at the start of Home.xml

<onload condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.xbmb3c)">RunScript(plugin.video.xbmb3c,skin)</onload>

I managed to add the second part in the Home.xml document but was not sure where to add the first bit of code.

Thanks again.

Edited by elsmandino

im85288

The first part needs to be added in Includes.xml (if your copy/pasting use the first solution I posted and not the one under "a better mod would be")

Have you installed our repo with all the modded skins? http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7194-xbmb3c-gotham-repo/

I use and maintain Eminence which has Live Tv there by default, plus there are quite a few other skins there to try if you fancy them.

Edited by im85288