Shall We Play A Game

shaefurr

shaefurr

That horse looks awesome, and lol @ killing the cow instead.

Yeah always funny when people post stuff like that. I dont think they realize that Skyrim isnt some short 8 hour game like usual, so you shouldnt just go and kill someone because they're annoying :P

First game I had played like this was Oblivion, and I was sneaking into peoples houses in town at night and killing them, then I was like, oh crap.. now they're gone forever and I cant buy stuff here anymore.. oops. Learned that lesson real quick.

CWNashvegas

It wasn't till I saw it on Steam that I realized your screenshot was from TERA. In my Skyrim horse armor shot, my character is wearing armor from the TERA armor mod. :D They aren't lore friendly (though a few are pretty close) but man, it's some of the most amazing armor work I've seen. I just don't know if I can get used to running around Skyrim in high heels, though.

shaefurr

Ya it was a screenshot of my 52 priest outside Allemantheia. As far as the fantasy genre goes Tera has to be the best looking game ive played.

Tera has an interesting armor style. It seems with female characters the higher lvl you get, the less you're wearing :P Plus it has all kinds of weird costumes. Aion has some good looking armor too. But the game isnt nearly as good looking.

Heckler

Well I finally got around to playing Fallout New Vegas the last 24hrs... and in some ways it's really good.

However... it's becoming very, very dull, very, very quickly. It takes forever to travel between places, you can't carry much at all before it slows you right down to a crawl. You die far to easily and far too often for it to be fun or worthwhile continuing with the game.

Thank feck I only paid about £4 for it.

bloodtaker

Skyrim modded to h*** over 220 mods plus an enb :) Any time I start a new character its always a different experience the way the mods run together :)  I have raptr installed but never have it running much as half the games i play it can't optimize so why keep it up cept to track gameplay and meh that would be to sad to see how many hours i put into games lol. I know bf3 i had 500 hours in it bf4 about 80 hours, sto around 4000 hours or more.  If you like mmo's and you like space combat that is easy to grasp but hard to master I would suggest sto plus i can help you lvl pretty quick in it since i'm a lifetimer i give people in my team an extra 5% skill boast.

CWNashvegas

First of all, @@bloodtaker, I like your PvZ avatar. :D Which ENB preset are you running on Skyrim? I don't remember which I have installed right now but I need to change it because the exteriors are too blinding and I'm tired of trying to tweak it.

I'm getting ready to start my new character over because she's not working out. I don't mind. I like creating characters as much as I like playing the game. 

shaefurr

Skyrim modded to h*** over 220 mods plus an enb :) Any time I start a new character its always a different experience the way the mods run together :)  I have raptr installed but never have it running much as half the games i play it can't optimize so why keep it up cept to track gameplay and meh that would be to sad to see how many hours i put into games lol. I know bf3 i had 500 hours in it bf4 about 80 hours, sto around 4000 hours or more.  If you like mmo's and you like space combat that is easy to grasp but hard to master I would suggest sto plus i can help you lvl pretty quick in it since i'm a lifetimer i give people in my team an extra 5% skill boast.

Well, another reason to use Raptr is when you play games you get rewards points. I know its nothing special, but you can use the points to enter into sweepstakes, get hardware and games, or discounts. Granted ive played forever and only have 5k, and video cards are 30-70k :P

I have STO, I just havn't been on it recently, I had just hit Lieutenant Commander last time I was on. The space combat is awesome, the ground missions.. eh, its ok, its fun enough and gives a nice break from just flying around. Still love the game though.

I've played most big MMOs out there, LOTRO, STO, Aion, TERA, SWTOR, RIFT, WOW, RoM, D&DO, DCU, CoV, Neverwinter, currently I still only play Aion, Tera, SWTOR, and STO

bloodtaker

In sto i have 36 vice admirals lol.

But mainly play my 1 character that is pretty bad arse.

Borg are no match pvp is no match in 1v1 usually takes 4 or 5 of them to take me down lol and still even then not always.

sto ingame is @bloodtaker

bloodtaker

First of all, @@bloodtaker, I like your PvZ avatar. :D Which ENB preset are you running on Skyrim? I don't remember which I have installed right now but I need to change it because the exteriors are too blinding and I'm tired of trying to tweak it.

I'm getting ready to start my new character over because she's not working out. I don't mind. I like creating characters as much as I like playing the game. 

I run several different ones with a little program that i click a button and it changes between the 3 that i use.

Fire and storm

Real Vision Full ----- fav so far

saraan su'um

all of them require a few ini changes to your skyrim.ini file as well as in game turning the brightness all the way down and making sure gpu is not running aa as the enb handles it.

most of the enb's need certain mods to function right

real vision is great with climates of tamriel and enhancefx plus a whole lot.

its all about synergy

and thanks i like the PvZ avatar as well lol

Edited by bloodtaker

CWNashvegas

I run several different ones with a little program that i click a button and it changes between the 3 that i use.

Fire and storm

Real Vision Full ----- fav so far

saraan su'um

I used to run RealVision Performance with CoT & RLO. It was awesome (screenshot) but I just decided to try different things. I'll check the others out. I'll probably just go without for now. The only ENB feature I really care about is shadow smoothing. That, and it has to work with CoT because it's right near the top of my "must be installed" list.

• Like 1

shaefurr

In sto i have 36 vice admirals lol.

But mainly play my 1 character that is pretty bad arse.

Borg are no match pvp is no match in 1v1 usually takes 4 or 5 of them to take me down lol and still even then not always.

sto ingame is @@bloodtaker

Lol thats nuts. I usually only have 1-2 characters per MMO. Only game I really poured myself into was Everquest, I bought it the day it came out and I played all day everyday for like 5 years. I was the best cleric on the server for the last couple years. Though im sure others would have fought me over saying that.

Ahhh memories..

I dunno if you know EQ but the original cleric epic required waiting for a dragon named ragefire to spawn, which was between 2-7 days or something. I sat there on the PC staring into oblivion for 2 days, having a friend take turns so I could sleep. And when he spawned at like 2AM on the 3rd day, he got KS'd before my guild showed up lol. Funny its still floating around the web from 12 years ago. I went on vacation a few weeks later, came back and my guild had hacked my account and killed him for me lol. So awesome. Never gotten into a MMO again like that one, still miss it.

This is the last months list on Xegony...

Kallesto - Completed, March 18, 2002, 12:28:02 EST.

Shaefurr - KS'ed, March 20, 2002.

Bloodline - Completed, March 22, 2002, 19:38:47 EST.

Loviotor - Completed, March 28, 2002, 3:31:44 EST.

Elantra - Completed, April 2, 2002.

Antipity - Completed, April 8, 2002.

Meshia - Completed, April 11, 2002, 5:16:08 EST.

Phalia - Currently camping.

That's right. EIGHT Ragefires in a solid month. 2 per week. Some 2 day pops, mostly 5-6 day pops.

Edited by shaefurr

CWNashvegas

I just have to share this with my fellow Skyrim players. Bear with me, as it requires a bit of setup to show how I got myself in this situation.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I roleplay in Skyrim, and end up more on the "pretending" side of things - retconning events if they make no sense for my character, blocking out certain things from memory if I'm only doing them to trigger something I want in the game, etc. Essentially, I use the world of Skyrim to make stuff up. (Having participated in many "roleplay vs pretend" arguments on game forums, I always feel the need to explain exactly how I'm using the term.)

Now that that's out of the way... With the exception of about 15-20 "must haves", I change up mods for every character. (Which is why Mod Organizer is essential for me and I retired NMM ages ago.) Since I had to start over my new character, I decided to try something new: Death Alternative. It is a mod that causes you to go into bleedout and then blackout mode instead of dying, and you wake up in a variety of possible scenarios. (I would post a link but Nexus is having problems again so I can't.) There is another mod that adds a few more scenarios, and the whole thing is controllable from the SkyUI MCM menu system so you can adjust things and turn off the scenario categories you don't want, etc. 

I also have Bellyache's New Dragon Species installed. This not only adds a variety of new dragons to the game, it also gives you dragons from the very start - it uses a separate system than that used in vanilla, so his dragons don't rely on the completion of Dragon Rising to start appearing. 

The new version of Alternate Start: Live Another Life takes place in a new starting cell - a locked cell in the Abandoned Prison. (That's the creepy place near Lucky's Shack.) One of the new start options is breaking out of the cell and escaping the prison.

Okay. Now on to the "adventure".

Persephone woke up in a dingy cell. A quick check revealed that she had only ragged clothes, a few septims and three lockpicks. But waiting around wasn't an option - she had places to be. She listened to make sure the coast was clear, then picked the lock on the cell door. Cautiously, she crept forward, and discovered she wasn't alone. Two long-dead prisoners, now ghosts, were still here, and they were ready for a fight. A nearby table held a woodcutter's axe and an iron dagger. She grabbed them and fought. It was close, but she won the battle and found that, somehow, the twice-dead ghosts were still in possession of their original weapons and armor. Score! She found a note on the ground that told her of a way out, and soon found herself outside, standing by the rushing White River.

She started to make her way toward Whiterun Hold. Her destination was Skyview, where she was to meet up with an old friend. But as she was walking up the hill east of Cradlecrush Rock, she heard a horrible sound. DRAGONS! Not one, but two! She ran for cover but she wasn't fast enough. One burned her with fire while the other slowed her with ice, and she felt the darkness coming. Sometime later, she awoke...

In a locked cage in a Forsworn Camp. Bruca's Leap Redoubt, to be specific. She'd been captured! Her guard just stared at her but said nothing. The other Forsworn ignored her completely. They had taken her weapons and armor, but she still had a lockpick. She waited till dark to attempt her escape. Before she could try, however, Faleen (Jarl Igmund's bodyguard) showed up to negotiate for her release. At the cost of four goats and two dozen chickens, Persephone was freed, with all items returned to her, and she was taken to Understone Keep, where she was informed that she now owed Markarth 500 septims.

That, my friends, is a hell of a way to start a game. She was smart enough to take the nice, safe carriage to Whiterun and finally got to her destination, but she's still Level 1. 

shaefurr

That honestly sounds pretty awesome. I dont mind playing through a game once or twice, but RPing like that sure does make it more interesting. Especially in open world games where you can do whatever you want.

Your intro story reminds me of the old text based games like Zork, back when you actually had to use your imagination when playing. I loved beyond Zork though I never finished it as a kid.

You know, I was browsing my PC games in MBT, even though they still dont work, I completely forgot I had gotten trailers for all my games. This one still gives me chills every time I watch it, so epic. Better than so many movie trailers out there IMO.

http://youtu.be/m9Mq88_P904

Edited by shaefurr

CWNashvegas

You know, I was browsing my PC games in MBT, even though they still dont work, I completely forgot I had gotten trailers for all my games. This one still gives me chills every time I watch it, so epic. Better than so many movie trailers out there IMO.

Oh man, that trailer... Mass Effect is like a punch to the gut. I don't think I've ever been on such an emotional roller coaster playing a game. 

Right now I'm trying out the latest non-beta version of Civil War Overhaul mod in Skyrim. Haven't actually started any of the war stuff yet, been getting the character up to a decent level, but I'm using the opportunity to try to get a look I like without an ENB. I think I'm getting close...

Contemplating Death

Whiterun in the evening

shaefurr

Steam sale today of most things skyrim related, if you dont have it yet you can pick it up cheap.

53cd44363eec4_Skyrim.jpg

• 4 months later...
shaefurr

Installed The Evil Within, played for 20 minutes, uninstalled.

Seriously I love survival horror games, but this game was boring from the start, and not even somewhat scary. For the first 20 minutes you gimp around, unable to sprint unless the "action scene" allows you to, and EVERY command is just "press space to do X".

Terrible.

Currently running Gaming HTPC rig. i7 4770s, Z87 Sabertooth Mobo, 16Gb RAM, ATI R9 270X vapor-X GFX card.

Cheese, you've got a very similar setup to the rig that I'm building. Don't have all the components yet, but when it's finished it'll be:

i7-4790K, 16GB RAM, MSI R9 270X OC Gaming Edition, and MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Mobo. Can't wait to have it all stuffed into my Enermax Ostrog GT :)

Just need to scrape up $300 for my new processor...

Edited by pmac
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Cheese, you've got a very similar setup to the rig that I'm building. Don't have all the components yet, but when it's finished it'll be:

i7-4790K, 16GB RAM, MSI R9 270X OC Gaming Edition, and MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Mobo. Can't wait to have it all stuffed into my Enermax Ostrog GT :)

Just need to scrape up $300 for my new processor...

Make sure you install the AMD gaming evolved app when you install your GFX drivers. I find it very useful, purely for the video settings optimization for each game.

shaefurr

You can use it with nvidia cards as well since its built into the Raptr app and suports both AMD and nvidia cards, plus nvidia has geforce experience which is basically the same thing. It really does work well if you have a card that cant handle all games on max settings and don't want to mess around with tons of in game settings to get it to look good and play well. Just scan your games, click optimize and you're done. Seems to work good for me with 95% of my games. Battlefield being the exception because both apps recommend the lowest settings which is just friggin ridiculous.