MB Intros question

barrettuk

barrettuk

I have MB Intros as one of my plug-ins which I really like for when watching movies in the home theater, but when we want to watch something on one of the TV's or another device I would prefer not to have them. Right now I use MB Classic on the HTPC so is there anyway to restrict MB Intros only playing on selected clients? I have it off right now as some of my mp4 custom intros wouldn't play correctly on the Roku clients and even prevent playing of the movie.

Thanks!

not at the moment but i'm sure that kind of configuration wouldn't be too difficult.

any details on those custom mp4's? i'm curious why they won't play on the roku. are you running the new beta app?

It isn't possible to make intros behave differently on different clients but it is possible for them to be different for different users.  Also, it is possible to play any movie without intros (even if configured) by using the "quick play" functionality of hitting the "play" button on the remote or ctl-p on a list of movies instead of going all the way into the detail screen.  That method will always bypass intros.

barrettuk

The profiles option seems like a good solution as I only want intros when playing in the main theater. The files I was having problems with (not that I want them to play on other clients) were M2TS/AVCHD files not mp4 I think... these were a bunch of Dolby and imax intros I found on the internet and haven't done any conversion etc.

Thanks!