48 replies to this topic

#41 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts
  • Local time: 12:06 AM

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

You can configure an external player in MBC if you wish but we actually have better control with the internal player - unless you need to switch subtitle or audio tracks or must have BD menus.

I use the internal WMC player exclusively now and don't miss the extra hassle of the external.

#42 mariors44 OFFLINE  

mariors44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

I'm having problems playing trailers as well. Some trailers will play for a few seconds and then quit  or just looking at a black screen ( will not play at all). I have the latest version MBC and MS installed.

#43 rb0135 OFFLINE  

rb0135

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 02:06 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:52 AM

Well, months down the track and I still cant play Trailers, using the Trailer Channel plugin in MBC. Even trying to have the channel download content, it takes over 1 hour to download approx 6 files (roughly 10-20mb each). Now, before again I hear that it must be my connection, it isn't as I can run any other program that streams trailers and it works 100% at 1080. I have set the channel plugin to the lowest quality, yet it still stops after each 5 secs to buffer the video.

Also, as I have stated, the trailers used to work perfect in MBCv2.

When might people spend some time to get the trailers working properly?

#44 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

I think they do work properly for most people or there would be a whole lot more posts in here.  I know they work in my environment.

What happens if you try to play them with the web client on the same machine you are doing it in MBC?

#45 rb0135 OFFLINE  

rb0135

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

Hi Ebr,

There are actually a lot that are in the same boat, but I think they give up like I do, then try again after a few realeases.

The Server and MBC are on the same PC. I am really not interested in running any of the webclient as this is a standalone PC in the theatre room. I am also not interested in running trailers before movies, just now and again, I would like to look at new trailers of new movies coming out.

However, I have tried running it on the web client as you asked and it does the same (although the quality seems like what it should be as set in the Server and is way less that when played on MBC).

So, to recap (on both Web and MBC), it starts to play for about 5-10 seconds (varies as sometimes it doesn't get through the first 5 seconds), then every second it pauses, plays 1 sec, pauses, plays 1 sec. it actually takes twice as long to play a trailer.

I have attached log files if that helps (look for Shaun the Sheep trailer). Hope I attached them right.

I don't mind testing different things.

Thanks,

Rob

Attached Files

#46 rb0135 OFFLINE  

rb0135

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

Ebr,

Also to the above, I looked again at the logs I sent to you, and I noticed this: http://cdn.movie-lis...hesheepc720.mp4

Two things:

1) Mediaserver is set to 480, not 720, so it seems to be ignoring the setting.

2) Trying to go direct to the website, with that url takes an extraordinary amount of time but plays OK without stopping. However, if I go to the equivalent SD trailer on the same website, no problem at all. It plays basically straight away.

So, I suppose the question is, why is MediaServer ignoring the quality setting, or, if 480 trailer does not exist (which it doesn't for the trailer, only 720 and 360) it seems MediaServer pick the next Highest video value, rather than a lower one?

I have a 10Meg link and as stated can stream 1080 trailers from other sites through the web browser

Thanks,

Rob

#47 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 153496 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

it is not ignoring the setting, but sometimes there's only one so that's what you get no matter what the setting says. otherwise, it picks the closest one.

#48 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

So, I think I gather from all of that that the problem is environmental due to the slow connection speed and it is not related to MBC at all.

The browser may be taking the approach of buffering a whole lot more of the video than we do which is why you are seeing a long delay and then smoother playback.  I'm not sure what the impact would be for us to try and change that.

#49 rb0135 OFFLINE  

rb0135

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:18 AM

Luke, Thanks for your reply. The ones I have checked, there are 2. One 360p the other 720p... Maybe you need too add more choice in quality on the media server channel options.. Just an idea.

EBR. What do you mean environmental due to a slow connection. There is no slow connection on my broadband side of things, I have a 10mb link each way. The only environmental issue it could be is the web site you use to stream the trailers from. I keep informing you guys I stream 1080p trailers manually from other websites and youtube, no problems at all.

EBR, yes, the browser I think did buffer the whole lot before playing, and that took about the length of the trailer to do. I am also thinking (as I develop as well) there is not enough buffering done on the MediaServer for HD, but as you state, if you try and change that, what would be the impact.Could the buffer be an option that a user could set for the channel?

The rest of the program is fantastic, just wish I could watch trailers when I wanted too.

Thanks,

Rob

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trailer, MBC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users