Notification "Message" API

fizzyade

fizzyade

Is there any chance of a sligh expansion of this API?

Backgound is that I've written a whole load of stuff with Node-Red to handle SONOS and a Sleep Timer functionality using it.

What I've done is produced some node red nodes and flows which allow me to:

1.) Monitor status changes on SONOS, and display volume level on Emby when using the remote control, this is missing when you use the playbar because you can no longer see the volume level, this restores it.

2.) I use a raspberry Pi zero with a touch sensitive PCB with "buttons" on it, from this I can:

• Toggle Night mode, which also results in a message in emby showing whether night mode is enabled or disabled.
  • Created a complete sleep mode system which puts our bedroom TV to sleep on a timer and bypasses the TV's built in timer, this means that. I don't have to use the normal TV remote at all anymore and can use the shield remote completely.  It displays messages on timer change to show the current set point, and then at 60, 30, and 10 seconds it displays a message telling you it's about to go to sleep.
  • In addition at 60 seconds it also uses text to speech on the so sonos to tell you it's about to go to sleep!

I know the availability of this is dependent on the platform, and to be honest this probably only makes sense for "TV" based players.

What I'd like is the ability to set the entry/exit style of the message, to either "just appear/dissapear" or "slide on/off" (which is the current behaviour on my shields).

It would also be cool if we could supply say a font-awesome glyph name and have that used as the icon.

Our TV's in our house run nothing but emby, we don't have any other TV sources, we use live tv through emby, so emby is a big focal point for us.

These small tweaks I've implemented using Node-red & a raspberry pi have made a huge difference to the experience and usability for us.

I'll be publishing all the source of my nodes and stuff so that others can make use of it, I've just completed switching my sleep timer from a function node to a proper node and I'm about to create an emby node to wrap up my emby functionality.

I can supply a video, it's not very interesting to watch, but it's a pretty cool and neat little "hack".  The sleep timer in particular has irked me for months, in fact I remember asking you guys about adding that functionality into emby quite a long time ago!

Edited by fizzyade

Hi, I'm sure the notifications api will expand in the future, although in general I'm sure we'll concentrate most of our efforts on features that will work on all platforms. Thanks for the feedback.