move to Chapter division in MKV video

Gfpiccolo
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Gfpiccolo

Hi all,

one question, i have many DVD/Bluray disc of various live concert.

I ripped them and inserted in emby, one question, is possible in emby recognize the chapter for passing to the various song in one click?

because looking for the wanted songs with fast forward becomes quite complex

thank you

Hi.   If you rip them with something like makemkv, it should preserve the chapters and then you will see them in Emby.

Gfpiccolo

Hi.   If you rip them with something like makemkv, it should preserve the chapters and then you will see them in Emby.

thanks for reply.

i tried now to rip using "makemkv", when i open the mkv with vlc on my pc, i see the chapter division, but in emby what i have to do to move through chapter?

thank you

• Solution

Hi.  Make sure you have the option to create preview thumbnails selected and then they should show up right there on the detail screen.

• Like 1

pwhodges

I was thinking about that too.  Having the thumbnails on the preview screen is find for starting, but being able to skip to the next while playing would be very handy, for instance, in a video which is a compilation of music videos.

Paul

• Like 1

Gfpiccolo

Hi.  Make sure you have the option to create preview thumbnails selected and then they should show up right there on the detail screen.

Gr8!!!!

thank you very much, it works!!

I use a Shield and Chrome on my mac

Hi.  They are available on the Shield during playback.  There is a button on the OSD or you can press "up" during playback for quick access.

Bigmack3000

Ha, oh boy, thanks!  I always pressed "down" and only had the "skip 30 seconds" button.

maegibbons

The "Up" button is very useful.

I wonder what SHOULD happen if you pressed up twice?

Krs

MARK

A 'like' is always appreciated!

• Like 2

Ha, oh boy, thanks!  I always pressed "down" and only had the "skip 30 seconds" button.

There should be a number of buttons available on that overlay - including one to produce the chapters...

• Like 1

crusher11

Does the Shield have an option to skip to the next chapter without pulling up the OSD? On my LG TV I can just hit the "channel up" button and it acts like the "next chapter" button on a DVD player. No fiddling with the OSD, just straight to the next chapter. Great for sports events that include a halftime show, or wrestling events/compilations that include matches I don't care to watch.

Bigmack3000

Not on mine, but I only have the standard remote.  It's possible the updated remote can do this?

crusher11

Well that's a significant pain. I've been thinking about getting one but I use the chapter skip a lot.

Bigmack3000

The Shield itself is great.  And knowing how to move through chapters now, it's really just 1 extra button to press.  It would be nice to get a true chapter skip capability, but the time difference between the two is probably negligible.  

Well that's a significant pain. I've been thinking about getting one but I use the chapter skip a lot.

What is a significant pain?

Moving ahead one chapter is up-right-ok.  That's it.

crusher11

That's three times as many buttons and requires bringing up the OSD unnecessarily.

maegibbons

@@ebr

Whilst we are on this topic.

Have you the appetite yet to consider an option to auto skip commercials based on chapter marks?

A few of us are already comskipping our recordings and marking chapters as "Show" or "Commercial"

it would be great if you could put in an option to play the "show" chapters continuously and skip the commercials/?

Can you please consider this as an experimental feature please?

I know you are busy but a few bells and whistles would be nice to improve functionality for your loyal  Android TV subjects!

krs

Mark

• Like 2

Spaceboy

Or support for edl files which would get us to the same outcome and wouldn’t require re-encoding the recording

• Like 1

maegibbons

Or support for edl files which would get us to the same outcome and wouldn’t require re-encoding the recording

Indeed. But i was just looking for an easier solution as the markers are already there as a starting point. The logic just needs to be in there to skip ahead. Once you have the skipping ahead functionality sorted, you can either skip based on chapter markers or EDL file as a later development.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Indeed. But i was just looking for an easier solution as the markers are already there as a starting point. The logic just needs to be in there to skip ahead. Once you have the skipping ahead functionality sorted, you can either skip based on chapter markers or EDL file as a later development.

Krs

Mark

well we were promised big live tv functionality development in the 4.5 beta round so I am optimistic! [emoji3]

well we were promised big live tv functionality development in the 4.5 beta round so I am optimistic! [emoji3]

EDL or other commercial skip functionality would not be a part of Live TV.

Spaceboy

EDL or other commercial skip functionality would not be a part of Live TV.

optimism dashed [emoji3525], I mean it clearly is but if you are defining it as out of scope for this work then fair enough