Corrupte images

Getumzz

Happy2Play

Yes there is a known issue as TMDB is doing maintenance and deleting a lot of images.  So that breaks the database image url links you already have.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85934-corrupte-images/

See post 21 in other topic

Edited by Happy2Play

Riggs

Linux please!!! :D

What is not right, in my opinion is that in theory the images once uploaded by Emby remain local, but apparently that was not the case, or that is what this problem revealed.

In my case, the actors were already loaded, they simply disappeared from one day to the next. Like everyone, if I don't do it one by one by hand, there is no way to do it. At least I don't know, and my server installation is inside a docker.

Riggs

Items require a Refresh w/replace images.

No way Jose, I have all my content with the posters and the other images that I want.

I don't need new random images.

All my files are inside a folder and then, the images, subs, lyrics or whatever inside each folder

Ex. 1 folder for each movie  

Happy2Play

No way Jose, I have all my content with the posters and the other images that I want.

I don't need new random images.

All my files are inside a folder and then, the images, subs, lyrics or whatever inside each folder

Ex. 1 folder for each movie  

Totally different then what I was showing as those are Suggested items that are not in your library.

• Like 1

Riggs

Totally different then what I was showing as those are Suggested items that are not in your library.

Okay. Lets see if I understand.

So,,, if I refresh the library and check to replace all images, will it respect those that already exist? (posters, fanarts, clearlogos, etc.)

Or ... I misunderstood and what you indicate is for one actor at a time? Because I substitute images but in each actor separately, not in the entire library.

I don't want to have to edit my posters and backdrops ever again, there are 3 thousand movies I have, my friend.

I can do the refresh to every library, but i need to be sure.

Thnaks in advance.

Happy2Play

Okay. Lets see if I understand.

So,,, if I refresh the library and check to replace all images, will it respect those that already exist? (posters, fanarts, clearlogos, etc.)

Or ... I misunderstood and what you indicate is for one actor at a time? Because I substitute images but in each actor separately, not in the entire library.

I don't want to have to edit my posters and backdrops ever again, there are 3 thousand movies I have, my friend.

I can do the refresh to every library, but i need to be sure.

Thnaks in advance.

No as you are telling it to replace them.

Refreshing the media item has sort of nothing to do with the people as they are a secondary task during item import.  So Refreshing the media has no effect on people, you have to manually refresh the person.

I personally just went into the database and nuked all people tmdb url images.  It will rebuild upon item/person entry.

Post 22 is in reference to Suggested items, not library items.

Edited by Happy2Play

Riggs

No as you are telling it to replace them.

Refreshing the media item has sort of nothing to do with the people as they are a secondary task during item import.  So Refreshing the media has no effect on people, you have to manually refresh the person.

I personally just went into the database and nuked all people tmdb url images.  It will rebuild upon item/person entry.

Post 22 is in reference to Suggested items, not library items.

Thank you very much for the clarification and explanation, my friend.

wakeboarder141

I have noticed lately that many of my actor images are gray boxes inside of Movies/TV Shows and show a broken image placeholder inside the actor info.  I have tried all of the rescanning that I know how to do, including selecting "Replace all metadata" without effect.  I am able to manually go into those actors and search for images, which fixes them, but that is going to take forever to do every missing actor manually.  Is there a way to replace the broken images in batch form?  I will attach screenshots. 

wakeboarder141

I have noticed lately that many of my actor images are gray boxes inside of Movies/TV Shows and show a broken image placeholder inside the actor info.  I have tried all of the rescanning that I know how to do, including selecting "Replace all metadata" without effect.  I am able to manually go into those actors and search for images, which fixes them, but that is going to take forever to do every missing actor manually.  Is there a way to replace the broken images in batch form?  I will attach screenshots. 

post-580277-0-89280100-1590548643_thumb.jpg

post-580277-0-30669900-1590548649_thumb.jpg

wakeboarder141

Where do I install this plugin on a Synology Nas?  I'm not sure how to find the plugin folder.  Thanks!

Happy2Play

Where do I install this plugin on a Synology Nas?  I'm not sure how to find the plugin folder.  Thanks!

That is a little difficult as you have to use other programs like WinSCP to navigate the file system.  But you can look at the Dashboard to get the general location you need to look as it the plugin folder is within your programdata folder.

wakeboarder141

That is a little difficult as you have to use other programs like WinSCP to navigate the file system.  But you can look at the Dashboard to get the general location you need to look as it the plugin folder is within your programdata folder.

I see.  The needing WinSCP part was why I couldn't locate the folder.  I will try that.  Thanks.

wakeboarder141

Well, I located the root folders and found the plugin folder with WinSCP, but it won't allow me to copy the DLL file to the folder.  I just get "Access Denied" each time.

wakeboarder141

I managed to get the DLL to copy into /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/plugins, but even after restarting the Emby Server, I don't have this plugin listed.  That appears to be the correct plugin location as I can see other plugins in there, but it isn't working for me.

ginjaninja

FYI this does not only affect people.

5ec0ebc717de3_corrupt.jpg

5ec0ebd98fba6_db.jpg

Primary and Backdrop were deleted on TMDB.

5ec0ec9929c61_tmdb.jpg

Items require a Refresh w/replace images.

thanks could you share the database filter conditions to weedle out the movie posters like you did for people.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DarWun

I managed to get the DLL to copy into /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/plugins, but even after restarting the Emby Server, I don't have this plugin listed.  That appears to be the correct plugin location as I can see other plugins in there, but it isn't working for me.

My experience was the same as yours on my Synology DS918+ NAS. The plugin did not show up on the Emby dashboard after copying the DLL file to the plugin directory. I had just done the same thing with the Statistics plugin DLL, and it worked fine.

wakeboarder141

Since the plugin doesn't seem to work on Synology, is there an alternative method?  Would deleting the entire library and rebuilding it fix the issue, or will it still be there when done?

Happy2Play

Since the plugin doesn't seem to work on Synology, is there an alternative method?  Would deleting the entire library and rebuilding it fix the issue, or will it still be there when done?

Yes a new database would correct everything if that is the route you want to take.  Remember all of your userdata is in that database also, but if you are a Premiere user you can backup and restore that data with the Server Configuration Backup plugin.

Or if you want to do a manual edit of the database yourself.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85812-artistsactors-images-disappeared-randomly/?p=880009

wakeboarder141

Yes a new database would correct everything if that is the route you want to take.  Remember all of your userdata is in that database also, but if you are a Premiere user you can backup and restore that data with the Server Configuration Backup plugin.

Or if you want to do a manual edit of the database yourself.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85812-artistsactors-images-disappeared-randomly/?p=880009

Editing the database sounded preferable, but when I try to manually delete from the Mediaitems table I get "Error deleting record: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed." 

Happy2Play

Editing the database sounded preferable, but when I try to manually delete from the Mediaitems table I get "Error deleting record: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed." 

You are not deleting the rows, you are clearing the Images column for the items that contain TMDB urls.

wakeboarder141

You are not deleting the rows, you are clearing the Images column for the items that contain TMDB urls.

Thank you fore the clarification.  Now the newest, and hopefully my last issue is that I can't get the edited db to copy back through WinSCP.  It says access is denied when it tries to overwrite.

neik

Is Emby still running while you do that?

I would imagine Emby blocks write access to the DB to prevent changes while it's running.