Corrupte images

Getumzz

Getumzz

Ok, I have tried to solve this for some time now but no luck.
I have alot of broken/corrupte images for people.
Is there an easy way to solve this or do I have to check every single movie one by one?
I have deleted the library map in metadata but nope still broken, same with refresh people, update metadata.
Should I just uninstall/reinstall the server?

post-468-0-62231000-1588577649_thumb.jpg

post-468-0-46558100-1588577666_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Discussion in testing area.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85812-artistsactors-images-disappeared-randomly/

This is a issue as the media was imported into the database, and when the cast and crew was searched at that time a TMDB url was provided.  TMDB has dumped many people images in their ongoing maintenance.

Dear TMDb Community,

In the next few months, you might notice some changes on our site. My primary goal is, and always has been, to build the best media database on the internet and in order for me to stay true to that goal, we will be making these changes to enable TMDb to be more robust and reliable than before.

As you might recall from my 2019 recap, I have some pretty amazing plans for 2020 so stay tuned for some really fantastic launches this year!

If you have any questions please contact us at support@themoviedb.org.

Sincerely,

Travis
Edited by Happy2Play

neik

This is a issue as the media was imported into the database, and when the cast and crew was searched at that time a TMDB url was provided.  TMDB has dumped many people images in their ongoing maintenance.

I thought Emby stores them locally?

Wouldn't that be fair to avoid too much load on their end?

Happy2Play

I thought Emby stores them locally?

Wouldn't that be fair to avoid too much load on their end?

Didn't really know this until that topic, but this would appear to have happened when the people folder sort of went away.  But I would think it would be more of a load on the provider presenting them on demand as someone opens a movie or series.

@@MrDon, the next time this happens can you please attach the emby server log? It's possible your issue is different. Thanks !

Getumzz

@@MrDon, the next time this happens can you please attach the emby server log? It's possible your issue is different. Thanks !

Ofc, going to rebuild the server today and see what happens. Can't edit 1000+ movies one by one. That's going to take me weeks.

neik

I just saw the same issue myself and created a log - see attached.

Edit: Remains my question above:

Why isn't Emby storing the pictures locally?

Emby_missing_images.txt

Edited by neik

I just saw the same issue myself and created a log - see attached.

Edit: Remains my question above:

Why isn't Emby storing the pictures locally?

It does, just not until it is actually needed by the emby user interface, and during that gap of time it looks like moviedb is changing the url. We'll have to think about how we can approach that. Thanks.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

It does, just not until it is actually needed by the emby user interface, and during that gap of time it looks like moviedb is changing the url. We'll have to think about how we can approach that. Thanks.

I think there will be some confusion on when that is though.  If you open a movie or series the images is shown via url if you have not entered that specific person before.

neik

Then I am wondering what the "Download images in advance" in each library settings actually means?

The description says...

By default, most images are only downloaded when requested by an Emby app. Enable this option to download all images in advance, as new media is imported. This may cause significantly longer library scans.

...which it clearly doesn't, after what you just said.

Edited by neik
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Then I am wondering what the "Download images in advance" in each library settings actually means?

The description says...

...which it clearly doesn't, after what you just said.

That is the contravery of Media vs Cast and Crew/People.  In advance does not apply to people as it is a secondary action to the media itself.

But in the end we need options that directly apply to People.  All people options have disappeared over time.

neik

In advance does not apply to people as it is a secondary action to the media itself.

Then maybe this needs to be changed.

As a regular user I would expect Emby to download every single metadata that is displayed in advance, just as the option suggests.

Anyway, it seems like Luke will have a look at it, let's see what he comes up with.

pünktchen

Then maybe this needs to be changed.

As a regular user I would expect Emby to download every single metadata that is displayed in advance, just as the option suggests.

It was already the case some years ago, but was changed by a request of TheMovieDB to reduce the traffic.
  • Like 2

neik

So, the solution right now is to delete every link in the database and then refresh people, correct?

This might solve the issue for now but doesn't really fix it for good as the links could change again and we would then be in the same situation as we are right now.

Or am I missing something?

Getumzz

I just uninstalled and made sure there were nothing left from the old installation before reinstalling it again.
Not the best solution but it solved the broken images. Just crossing my fingers it wont happen again.

Happy2Play

I just uninstalled and made sure there were nothing left from the old installation before reinstalling it again.

Not the best solution but it solved the broken images. Just crossing my fingers it wont happen again.

From a new database standpoint, that will resolve the current issue.  But this will happen again if/and when TMDB does more image clean up.

Happy2Play

FYI this does not only affect people.

5ec0ebc717de3_corrupt.jpg
5ec0ebd98fba6_db.jpg

Primary and Backdrop were deleted on TMDB.

5ec0ec9929c61_tmdb.jpg

Items require a Refresh w/replace images.

Edited by Happy2Play

chuckr1958

Not exactly sure when it happened, but someone told me that some cast members of a movie and TV show were missing.  The data was there, but no photo.  When I checked, they were correct.  When I review the video, some actors appear while others do not have photos.  I checked the "edit image" and there is no photo, but I can delete the blank image and refresh the page, and the photo reappears.  It's as if the most recent photo is blank while another one may be stored in cache.  I started with the TV shows to "delete" the blanks, but that is getting tiresome and not looking forward to checking every movie.  Is there a way to clean up blank photos?  Did a scheduled refresh add blank photos?

Edited by chuckr1958

Hi there, can you please go over an example, and provide a screenshot? Thanks.

chuckr1958

Here are some screenshots.  Showing the blank cast member, then a shot of the "edit images", then again after deleting the image, and then the cast member photo appearing. 

post-585709-0-86913200-1589824537_thumb.png

post-585709-0-35811200-1589824546_thumb.png

post-585709-0-12413400-1589824552_thumb.png

post-585709-0-95278700-1589824557_thumb.png