Emby Premier and payd IPTV provider u3u

alexjcgdf

alexjcgdf

Hi All;

Before anything, yes I am premier and awesome job you guys are doing on emby. Changed from Plex and being happier since.

I already have an IPTV private account. They give me the URL u3u with my login and password and that is fine. The problem is after I load the file.

* I can see the channels in there - a long long list

* the movies and the series are all togheter with the channels, so in this case each episode of a series become a different "channel" on the list.

* after I ask to play something, it takes a while to load and on the phone app of the IPTV (it is a generic one) it loads fast (in about 3 seconds against the 10-15 seconds on emby)

* Nothing appears on the "Series" link on Emby also there is no link for "Movies"

What am I doing wrong?

5eada2195ceda_Capture1.png5eada232aec4b_Capture2.png5eada24795e7a_Capture3.png

Edited by alexjcgdf

Hi, these don't appear because there is no guide data to tell emby server what is a movie and what is a series episode.

Did you setup a guide data provider?

alexjcgdf

Hi, these don't appear because there is no guide data to tell emby server what is a movie and what is a series episode.

Did you setup a guide data provider?

In fact I did. there is an EPG guide etc. With the EPG I am able to see the whole grid and I will need to put as favorites since they have like 20K channels (every episode of a seria becomes a channel. But the thing goes the following:

For many simple Apps we find on the App store and smarttvs store they goes as follow:

instead or the URL they asks for user, password and the Xstream URL (not the URL reproduction list)

and the app works like a charm. it gives me the grid, separates the series/movies/tv channels, also auto populates some lists with HD channels, FHD channels, subtitle channels etc etc etc. I would be AWESOME if I could use this on directly on emby.

is it possible?

alexjcgdf

What guide data did you import?

This EPG here that comes on the account email from the IPTV provider:

fe650af7598a557446418cac7d5a9dd6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Did you check the channel mapping tool to ensure that each tuner channel is mapped to an epg channel?

alexjcgdf

Did you check the channel mapping tool to ensure that each tuner channel is mapped to an epg channel?

I inserted the EPG URL there and asked to refresh. Took around 30 minutes or so. I then see the grid but the series and movies become channels.

I would ask something else, why on the generic apps, when I put the username, password and server everything works, I see the channel grid, the separation for series and movies without even touching the EPG file.

I'm not sure. We'd have to look at a sample xml guide data of something you expected to be a movie or series but wasn't.

alexjcgdf

I'm not sure. We'd have to look at a sample xml guide data of something you expected to be a movie or series but wasn't.

The xml EPG file is this one:

http://clubepg.me/

I inserted the EPG URL there and asked to refresh. Took around 30 minutes or so. I then see the grid but the series and movies become channels.

Hi.  That is the way we support these at this time.  This is a Live TV integration feature for us.  We are not an "IPTV client" per se that will take your VoD channels and split them out etc.

You may want to look into Xteve.

alexjcgdf

Hi. That is the way we support these at this time. This is a Live TV integration feature for us. We are not an "IPTV client" per se that will take your VoD channels and split them out etc.

You may want to look into Xteve.

With that I would be able to emulate for Emby? My intention is to have everything running on my Emby server :)

kanipek

With that I would be able to emulate for Emby? My intention is to have everything running on my Emby server :)

Is this a VOD M3u file or a LiveTV and VOD M3U combined?

If it is only VOD you could go the xTeve route or you could just create ".strm" files and add them into Emby as you would any locally stored files, maybe create a separate library for just VOD content.

alexjcgdf

If I got it right is the second option, VOD and LiveTV together on the same URL.

XTeve would help me on getting it connected to emby?

It might help separate it into tuners & xml epg data so that it can be imported into Emby.

alexjcgdf

It might help separate it into tuners & xml epg data so that it can be imported into Emby.

That is something that I can do by myself or this should be done by the provider?

Enviado de meu Pixel 3 XL usando o Tapatalk

That is something that I can do by myself or this should be done by the provider?

I haven't tried xteve myself but i believe it has this as a feature.

• Like 1

alexjcgdf

I haven't tried xteve myself but i believe it has this as a feature.

Testing and coming back with the feedback after.

• 2 weeks later...
alexjcgdf

So here it comes with xTeVe/Emby Premier/Windows10 as a server for all.

I made the configuration as expected for xTeVe and it was able to find the channels like the pictures below.

Even though, when I put the configuration on Emby server for LiveTV (m3u8 and EPG) as the information that xTeVe gives me nothing appears on Emby (picture added)

Am I doing something wrong here?

6000704f09a69ff632febb2f33c3bb3e.jpg365d775f2294acb0f0c7355aa5427605.jpg89a897af916b467bd4c786ddaabee7b7.jpgc548d16ff2eb7d551dc875214c827757.jpgde3dc7112727af9a04bbcc3dfc31e38d.jpg502fbb4bb82fa300dd31d79ea39809d1.jpgembyserver.txt

alexjcgdf

Do your channels show up in the channels tab?

You mean on Emby or on xTeve?

On xTeve I can see the channels. But they don't appear on Emby.

alexjcgdf

What tuner hosts did you setup in Emby? Can you show a screenshot?

Sure, the same as asked by xTeVe:

By the way, the xTeVe server is on the same PC as the Emby Server.

bd0959bbe013864047891f931ecf0423.jpg7ff3aa052e86650874757457cb5be98a.jpgb8dd8fc0755688f70b307cb5d4a8a94f.jpg

vash5978

It looks like your channels are not mapping to the XMLTV in xteve. See that red mark by the channel number, that means those channels are disabled and will not be passed to any client that uses the xteve m3u url at the top.

You might try removing the m3u playlist, XMLTV file, and all filters you have in xteve, then add them back in starting with the m3u, then XMLTV, and finally the filters, then check the mapping section and see if everything mapped properly. If it still hasnt you may have to manually map the guide data to each channel.

Also the reason that the channels take so long to load is because Emby buffers the channel before it starts playing. I wish there was a way to turn this off but as far as i know its impossible.