auto update

byakuya32

byakuya32

Hi you should add an auto update feature where it can be set to check for updates at a time of the week or day and update

• Like 1

Ok currently there is no auto update but it will notify when an update is available.

otispresley

Just a note here...If you are willing to spend a little extra effort, you can run Emby inside of Docker on Debian. If you do so and also install a container using the Watchtower image, it will monitor and autmatically update your Emby container when a new image using your tag is available. I have Watchtower run on a schedule at 4:00 AM in my implementation to minimize user disruption.

You will want to use Host networking in the Emby Docker container so you can use the DLNA server in Emby and have your local clients automatically discover the server.

otispresley

When I run the container, I run it with the command: 

'--cleanup --schedule 0 0 9 * * *'

That tells it to remove old images and tells it to run at 09:00 UTC. I also run a Portainer container for a nice web UI for Docker.

I hope this helps!

How do you set watchtower to scan and update at a specific time?

EliteArmedForce

+1. It is really annoying that i have to uninstall/remove the emby server/package, whenever there is a new update and then setting it up,

I am really looking up for this feature.

otispresley

BTW, you shouldn't have to uninstall. Before I moved to Docker, I just did the following each time with no issues:

wget "https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.4.2.0/emby-server-deb_4.4.2.0_amd64.deb"
dpkg -i emby-server-deb_4.4.2.0_amd64.deb

It just installs the new version over top of the old one and retains all your config.

+1. It is really annoying that i have to uninstall/remove the emby server/package, whenever there is a new update and then setting it up,

I am really looking up for this feature.