Become a supporter question?

alienseeker

alienseeker

I was trying to register the CoverArt plugin. When clicking on the PayPal button for it I was charged $15 but received no CoverArt registration, instead this was a support MB3 charge. I don't mind paying you guys a support fee for all you hard work you have done, but I did clearly click on the button to register the CoverArt plugin and since I am currently out of work I cannot again afford to pay another fee for the CoverArt after paying the $15. I had registered this plugin once before in MB2 and was waiting to be able to be able to afford to get it again in MB3. 

Cheesegeezer

I was trying to register the CoverArt plugin. When clicking on the PayPal button for it I was charged $15 but received no CoverArt registration, instead this was a support MB3 charge. I don't mind paying you guys a support fee for all you hard work you have done, but I did clearly click on the button to register the CoverArt plugin and since I am currently out of work I cannot again afford to pay another fee for the CoverArt after paying the $15. I had registered this plugin once before in MB2 and was waiting to be able to be able to afford to get it again in MB3. 

Hi there, This may be of some use to you so you understand the structure for plugin registration.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7357-plug-in-registration-and-supporter-faq/&do=findComment&comment=99424

You should have received an email with your new support key which you need to input into the Web Dashboard on the Server. Under "Help" you will see supporter key and enter it there.

• Like 1

shaefurr

nevermind, I cant read :P

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

nevermind, I cant read :P

Thats only funny if anyone read your unedited post ;) lmao

alienseeker

I just paid through PayPal the $8 for the CoverArt plugin and received the support key. However, this is the same support key I received yesterday when I paid the $15 support fee. Do I need a separate support key to get my CoverArt to work? I am sorry, but I can't figure out what is going on.

I just paid through PayPal the $8 for the CoverArt plugin and received the support key. However, this is the same support key I received yesterday when I paid the $15 support fee. Do I need a separate support key to get my CoverArt to work? I am sorry, but I can't figure out what is going on.

It's all one key. CoverArt has now been added to the registration you received yesterday. 

Redshirt

You only have one key. As you purchase plugins they get attached to that same key.

alienseeker

Thanks Guys! How long does it take for the CoverArt to start showing? The poster art for each TV show is not showing, but when I click on the poster art and enter the individual series, each one of the series shows the CoverArt. So why is the series not showing the CoverArt?

I understand how this happened to you but the thing you clicked on didn't actually say register cover art.  It said you had to be a MB Supporter before you could register CoverArt.  This was a link that then took you to the registration as a MB Supporter.

I review the doc on the link Cheese provided and be sure it talks about the fact you only get one key (I think it is in there but I'll be sure).

Thanks for your support.

alienseeker

I understand how this happened to you but the thing you clicked on didn't actually say register cover art.  It said you had to be a MB Supporter before you could register CoverArt.  This was a link that then took you to the registration as a MB Supporter.

I review the doc on the link Cheese provided and be sure it talks about the fact you only get one key (I think it is in there but I'll be sure).

Thanks for your support.

Thanks Chief! My CoverArt is still not showing on the main poster art, just showing on the individual series within each main poster art. I have restarted MB3 and refreshed it a number of times but still no coverart showing on the main poster art covers.   

Thanks Chief! My CoverArt is still not showing on the main poster art, just showing on the individual series within each main poster art. I have restarted MB3 and refreshed it a number of times but still no coverart showing on the main poster art covers.   

Can you show us a screen shot?

Understand that the CoverArt plug-in does not download poster art - that is done by the normal server.  CA just puts treatments on that art to make them look like cases and such.

• Like 1

alienseeker

Can you show us a screen shot?

Understand that the CoverArt plug-in does not download poster art - that is done by the normal server.  CA just puts treatments on that art to make them look like cases and such.

Yes, I understand what the CoverArt does, I used it in the prior version of MB. The poster art is no problem, it shows fine. The CoverArt is not showing up after paying for it through PayPal a few hours ago.

Is there something I need to do on my end to show that I paid for the CoverArt other then enter the support key, which I have already done last night when I paid the $15 support fee. And since the support key was the same for the Coverart I don't know what else I need to do on my end.

What do you mean by "the CoverArt is not showing up"?  That's where I'm confused because, as I said, CA doesn't download any art it just treats it - but you understand this.  So I'm not understanding what you mean by not showing up.

This is where a screen shot of what you are seeing and how you have the plug-in configured would be helpful.

• Like 1

alienseeker

What do you mean by "the CoverArt is not showing up"?  That's where I'm confused because, as I said, CA doesn't download any art it just treats it - but you understand this.  So I'm not understanding what you mean by not showing up.

This is where a screen shot of what you are seeing and how you have the plug-in configured would be helpful.

It is the plugin that is called CoverArt which shows DVD cases around the poster art. This worked in the trial version, but since I paid for this plugin today it is no longer loading all the DVD cases. The main poster art for each TV series shows no CoverArt (DVD Cases), but when entering a TV series then most of the series years are showing the DVD cases. 

How do I do a screen shot?

shaefurr

To take a screenshot just use the "Print Scr" key on the keyboard, then paste it into MS paint or something similar.

• Like 1

alienseeker

For some reason whenever I try to "Print Scr" within MB I get a black image, so I am unable to provide any screen shots. I can print screen outside of MB and the image is fine, but just a black screen when I try to get a screen shot from within MB.

I am using MB Classic, but changing themes does not change any of the problems I am having. Once again, the problem I am asking about is with the plugin called "CoverArt" (the plugin a registered yesterday)which places a DVD cover around the poster art and a flat screen TV image around the screen shots. When entering my main MB screen for all my TV series it shows all 120 TV shows posters. The "CoverArt" plugin appears on done of these poster arts. However, when clicking on a poster art, such as "The X-Files" all 9 season are shown with the "CoverArt" plugin showing, but not all TV series are showing the "CoverArt" but most of them, for instance, "2 Broke Girls" all 3 season show no "CoverArt" (DVD cover). Once again, there is no "CoverArt" plugin showing on any of the main screen poster art images, just within the individual series themselves and I would say that maybe 75-percent of them are showing.    

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

CBers

You can't take a screenshot of MBC if in full-screen mode.

Put it into windowed mode (press middle of the normal Windows buttons top right of the screen when in WMC/MBC) then you can take screenshots.

Hope that's clear.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 2

alienseeker

Screen shot 1: is my main TV series selection screen. Notice on screen shot 1 there are no "CoverArt" plugin showing, which there should be.

Screen shot 2: shows all 9 seasons of the X-Files which have the "CoverArt" plugin showing. This is the case with 75% or more of the TV series.

Screen shot 3: shows no "CoverArt" plugin image for the picture, which should be an image of a flat screen TV around the TV image.

Screen shot 4: not until the fifth episode starts showing the flat screen TV image around the TV image picture, which is the case with many of the TV series episodes. 

I have tried re-installing "CoverArt" a number of times and changing themes, but nothing has worked. When I switched over to MB3 I added the trial version of the plugin "CoverArt" and it worked well.  

post-3937-0-51353900-1404643950_thumb.jpg

post-3937-0-11910100-1404644110_thumb.jpg

post-3937-0-15670100-1404644134_thumb.jpg

post-3937-0-12751000-1404644153_thumb.jpg

If you view those same items in the web client, are they treated properly?

• Like 1

alienseeker

If you view those same items in the web client, are they treated properly?

Hi ebr, I don't know what you mean by web client. Please explain how to do this.

Hi ebr, I don't know what you mean by web client. Please explain how to do this.

Good day,

When you at the dash for the mb server http, then click on "home" :

53b9c8e27d9b9_mediab3abo1779.jpg

53b9c8fc526ec_mediab3abo1780.jpg

The web client:

53b9c91c069a9_mediab3abo1781.jpg

My best

• Like 1

I'm afraid we may have a strange edge-case here where the plug-in was trial, then went expired, and then was registered and in between there, some of your items got re-processed while it was expired.  Now, we don't have a way to know that they need to be re-processed again.

Try this:

• Shut down the server
  • Go to the server machine and find the %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\cache\images\enhanced-images folder
  • Delete the entire contents of that folder (should be 16 folders)
  • Re-start the server
  • Bring up either the web client or MBC

Hopefully, that will force them all to re-treat properly.  Things may be a little slower while they do.

• Like 1