Borked my date added after update. How can I get it to be the file date?

jamierf

jamierf

Yesterday I updated the server going from 4.4.0.40 to 4.4.2.0.  After if was finished I noticed that it had   set the date added of about 1800 movies to be Yesterday...   Rather than do some research I just did a quick google and found out about the advanced date added behaviour setting under the libraries and changed that from the default  "Use date scanned into the library"  to "Use file creation date"  That didn't seem to change anything so I told the movie library to refresh metadata.     That didn't resolve the issue and the library still says most of it was added yesterday.   I do see that the .nfo files for all of those movies updated to say that yesterday was the day they were added so they're no longer valid.    

So at this point I have all of my movies in the library.  They are all correctly identified (this required a fair amount of manual identification) they mostly have the wrong date added. The date on the media file however is correct.   

How can I change the date added in the .nfo files to be the date in the media file?    I'd prefer to not delete the entire library and re-add it as I don't want to lose the watched status nor do I want to go through the task of manually identifying many movies again. 

Where is the watched status maintained?  Is it in the .nfo  or in the database or both? If i remove the library and readd it am I losing this watched status?

thx

mastrmind11

Yesterday I updated the server going from 4.4.0.40 to 4.4.2.0.  After if was finished I noticed that it had   set the date added of about 1800 movies to be Yesterday...   Rather than do some research I just did a quick google and found out about the advanced date added behaviour setting under the libraries and changed that from the default  "Use date scanned into the library"  to "Use file creation date"  That didn't seem to change anything so I told the movie library to refresh metadata.     That didn't resolve the issue and the library still says most of it was added yesterday.   I do see that the .nfo files for all of those movies updated to say that yesterday was the day they were added so they're no longer valid.    

So at this point I have all of my movies in the library.  They are all correctly identified (this required a fair amount of manual identification) they mostly have the wrong date added. The date on the media file however is correct.   

How can I change the date added in the .nfo files to be the date in the media file?    I'd prefer to not delete the entire library and re-add it as I don't want to lose the watched status nor do I want to go through the task of manually identifying many movies again. 

Where is the watched status maintained?  Is it in the .nfo  or in the database or both? If i remove the library and readd it am I losing this watched status?

thx

if you're saving metadata with your media, you won't have to identify them again.  also, if you use the backup plugin and the trakt plugin, your users and watched state will be preserved.  assuming your nfo is all correct, i'd just smoke the libraries and rescan.  but i've never had to do this before so ymmv, perhaps someone else can chime in on this.

jamierf

The NFO's are  saved in the folder with each movie. They're messed up.  They got updated to have yesterday as the date added.  If I delete the NFO and then refresh   metadata on a movie the NFO is being rebuilt but using yesterday as the date added.  This is with the library setting to be using file date as the date added. 

The only way I manged to make things work correctly was to delete the NFO file, move the file out of the library folder, scan the library so that the movie is removed. Then copy the movie back and scan again so that it's added again.  This time it pulled the file date correctly.  

So my current thought is the best move is to script up a quick find and delete of all .nfo files then delete the library, recreate the library and let if build new NFO's for everything.   A quick test shows that will incorrectly identify a bunch of media though  so perhaps I should be looking into improving that aspect.

an example is the movie Fury    it's in a folder  Fury (2014)     the media file is called Fury (2014) - [REMUX-2160P][TRUEHD 7.1][HEVC]-FGT The Movie Title (2010) - [uLTIMATE EXTENDED EDITION][bLURAY-1080P PROPER][DTS 5.1][X264]-EVOLVE.mkv.   It's be auto identified as "Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury"     I'm seeing this quite a bit recently.  

Edited by jamierf

jamierf

I think I found it.   The file name was messed up with "The Movie Title (2010) - [uLTIMATE EXTENDED EDITION][bLURAY-1080P PROPER][DTS 5.1][X264]-EVOLVE" being added by the renamer.  checking my report all of the movies that have that in the file name have given me issues. I'm not sure why that's enough to confuse the id matching but it must be.  I'll fix them and do a full rebuilt.