TV Shows getting changed to unwatched

hlarimer
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

hlarimer

I just upgraded my Windows 7 client machine to MBClassic Version 3.0.74.0 B10-3.1 and its seems to be marking shows on the MB Server as unwatched.  I went through and manually changed them to watched but a bunch more got marked as unwatched, including some that I had changed and some that were over a year old.  

Any ideas?  Can I roll back the MediaBrowser Classic install one version?

steelgear

I have a similar problem but in addition after the last scan all my tv shows season level folders are being treated as separate shows. The metadata for all these shows are stored locally and has not  changed   

post-197-0-47180300-1381384048_thumb.jpg

I have a similar problem but in addition after the last scan all my tv shows season level folders are being treated as separate shows. The metadata for all these shows are stored locally and has not  changed   

attachicon.gifmb problem.jpg

Can you show us a screenshot of your folders. Like a screenshot of a folder that has your Series folder in them and a screenshot of the contents of a series folder itself. Thanks.

First thing you should do is change your update level in MBC to "Beta".  Then uninstall MBC and install the beta version from the download link on the website.

If the problem still occurs, then we need to know exactly what you are doing and to see some logs.

steelgear

Ok here's the requested pictures of the the TV show folder structure at the three different levels.

all the show folders post-197-0-87879300-1381431714_thumb.jpg

seasons within that post-197-0-55530200-1381431703_thumb.jpg

and episode in a series post-197-0-72621200-1381431696_thumb.jpg.

FYI the server version is 3.0.5031.21343

steelgear

Ok here's the requested pictures of the the TV show folder structure at the three different levels.

all the show folders post-197-0-87879300-1381431714_thumb.jpg

seasons within that post-197-0-55530200-1381431703_thumb.jpg

and episodes in a series post-197-0-72621200-1381431696_thumb.jpg.

FYI the server version is 3.0.5031.21343

Luke - is it possible this was related to the metadata problem or do we have another issue?  I'm thinking maybe the tvdb id wasn't there so it wasn't able to find the proper user data...

steelgear

Ok so I have fully regained all my watching data and the library now appears correctly, I did this by disabling saving on metadata by MB3, clearing all the series.xml files in the TV shows collection and re-fetching them using Media Center Master.

the3kgt2

I'm getting this problem now too. Movies that I mark as watched somehow get set back to unwatched after a few hours, no matter what client I'm using to set them as watched. I use Media Center Master for metadata and have Metadata saving enabled in MB3 server. This never caused a problem before, but is the issue? What else could be resetting movies watched status?

the3kgt2

To those affected - is your tv series inside a box set?

No, they are not. And it doesn't just happen to tv series...it happens to movies too.

I saw this issue a couple of days ago with TV shows and movies.

I put it down to a new version of the MBServer or MBC.

It only seems to have affected watched shows that now show as unwatched but didn't affect any shows I was half way through (not sure why not).

I marked them watched again and it's not reoccurred yet.

Woody1985

Hi I seem to be having a very similar problem to what is being discussed. All was working fine until the MB Server updated a few days ago.

What I find odd is my Movie folder has no problems but my TV Show folder has lost its watched history and is not reading metadata.

I am running MB Server 3.0.5036.39166.

I have Metadata saved in all my TV Shows folders (none of which are in boxsets). I use Media Centre Master (MCM) to tweak, adjust and download all my metadata. If I load a folder with MCM all the metadata is there correctly.

I believe it is a server related issue as I have a laptop that is just a client for MB and it does not show metadata for TV shows anymore either.

In addition to these issues I have notice that the backgrounds do not rotate in my TV shows folder but they do for movies. Not sure if this is part of the same fault. 

the3kgt2

Update. It's still resetting even with "Save metadata within media folders" unchecked. "Download metadata from the internet" is still checked.

Update. It's still resetting even with "Save metadata within media folders" unchecked. "Download metadata from the internet" is still checked.

see post above.

Did you see the issue in the end Luke?

Mine reset a load of tv shows again, can't be sure but I even think it was only shows I added after a certian date and all the same ones as last time.

swhitmore

I've seen this same issue when manually setting something to 'watched'. After a few days, it's set back to 'unwatched'. I'm not sure how to replicate it though.

Did you see the issue in the end Luke?

Mine reset a load of tv shows again, can't be sure but I even think it was only shows I added after a certian date and all the same ones as last time.

Try something - mark a few of these items as favorites as well.  Then, if the watched status gets reset again, note whether or not the favorite status went away also.  This will indicate to us if it is specifically a watched status item or if all user data is getting lost.

swhitmore

This is probably related, I noticed that the items that I can't mark 'Watched' also show as 'New', even though they definitely aren't.