Android TV app cannot reach server

Daragaya
Go to solution Solved by Daragaya,

Daragaya

No, I had done that already a couple of times. 
I moved. Went from AT&T fiber to Google fiber. 
My router wouldn't work with Google Fiber when first plugged in/installed. So I had them install the wifi pucks as I didn't have a laptop with me to reset the router and factory default it to see what would happen. 
Pucks worked fine, but when I went to watch a movie a couple weeks after I moved, I couldn't see the Plex server. Rebooted everything, etc. etc. Nothing worked. Plex support is non existent. 
Googled a good Plex replacement. Emby was #1. Tried it, same issue, can't see the server. 
So now I'm suspecting the pucks/router. People here help, offer suggestions, which I am very appreciative of. Exhaust all options. 
Call Google today. Get idiot on the phone who says what I want to do won't work. Streaming movies from my NAS to 'anything' within my network. Give me a break.
So I decide to remove Google from the equation and see what happens.
Default my NetGear Nighthawk. Set it up brand new. Plug everything thing in, and test Shield TV Emby app connecting to NAS. 
BINGO. It doesn't ask to connect, just asks for user log in. I log in and there is my library. 
Problem solved. 

Daragaya

Ethernet connection should have no impact on internal streaming BTW... And to be clear I rebooted/unplugged/re-plugged in the wifi puck and switch connected to it more than once. With no improvement.