massive buffering in remote access

swenth
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

swenth

i have a user wich is called grenville that keep buffering none stop in server media and live tv

Grenville has a internet speed of 60/xx mbits

they are using a lg tv emby app

LG Smart TV (55UM6910PUC)

they are connected over wifi not ethernet

my server has 25/5 mbits

ffmpeg-directstream-a97ba8a4-361d-4257-a962-7111354f85eb_1.txt

hardware_detection-63721835432.txt

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-a067077c-8750-435d-b9e1-1737980ec843_1.txt

Edited by swenth

Hi there, ask them to try lowering their in-app quality setting. That will generally resolve buffering problems. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

swenth

already attempted but another channel is working fine i would say it the channel fault but my media is also buffering :/

Edited by swenth

swenth

After a fews test. It look like direct playing is causing the buffering, another channel it transcode and working well

Transcoding (60 fps)
1.0 Mbps H264 AAC

Reason for transcoding:
Media bitrate exceeds limit.

but i cant get the previous channel wokring with transcoding

Edited by swenth

my server has 25/5 mbits

That is extremely limited upload bandwidth and is the source of your problem.  I would say that any remote app would not be able to smoothly play with any setting over about 2Mb/s (and that's only one at a time) so have them try that.

swenth

That is extremely limited upload bandwidth and is the source of your problem.  I would say that any remote app would not be able to smoothly play with any setting over about 2Mb/s (and that's only one at a time) so have them try that.

yea because when auto - direct it buffer.. i tested with the same tv in local network and it transcodes and it work 

is it normal to be direct in remote acces?

Transcoding (30 fps)
4.1 Mbps H264 AAC
Edited by swenth

• Solution

Yes, I'm afraid the "auto" setting in that app is only looking at the client end bandwidth but your limiting factor is your server upload bandwidth.  So, you will need to manually set the app to a lower bitrate.

• Like 1

swenth

This setting would do the job? and maybe prevent direct

Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps):

also could a vpn increase my upload speed and fix my problem?

Edited by swenth

This setting would do the job? and maybe prevent direct

Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps):

Yes, and that is what you should do.  Sorry, I didn't think of that.  Set that on the server to 2Mb and see how that works (you may even want to set it to 1 if you have more than one remote user).

also could a vpn increase my upload speed and fix my problem?

No.  Your bandwidth is determined by your connection/contract with your ISP.

• 2 weeks later...
swenth

while streaming iptv channel (m3u) it grab server internet speed or client? because my other user is still buffering not medias but with the m3u playlist even still after upgraded their internet to 500mbits 

Edited by swenth

while streaming iptv channel (m3u) it grab server internet speed or client? because my other user is still buffering not medias but with the m3u playlist even still after upgraded their internet to 500mbits 

It will run through your server, so it's both.

swenth

would it be a good suggestion to add option to make m3u dpwnload in client to use less server ressources if not necessary or i has to work that way?

The problem is we can't verify the legality of your m3u content so we run it through your emby server to avoid potentially violating app store policies.

swenth

could an option could be added to stream from client but would run by server by default and would require premiere could this pass the app store policies?

could an option could be added to stream from client but would run by server by default and would require premiere could this pass the app store policies?

No I'm afraid not.  You should realize that all of the app stores have the ability to see any url you are accessing.  Many of them do this and monitor for known illegal streaming sites.