Emby(con) doesnt save the startup setting

taker1988
Go to solution Solved by TeamB,

taker1988

hello,

im using coreelec 9.2.1 on a odroid c2. there i installed emby and embycon from the beta repo. my problem is on BOTH odroids, when i restart the box, that everytime i get asked, if i wanna start with the "native paths" or as "addon (standard)", if i wann activate artwork cache, if i wanna sync empty episodes and so on....i chose, that emby should take the "addon" mode and the rest i chose "yes".

ok, all fine now. logging in into my embycon account, it starts syncing with the server and all is working fine. when i now restart, than the same questions show up again.

now i attached a logfile from kodi...there are some problems, but i dont know how to solve it.

any ideas?

regards

kodi.log

TeamB

the messages you are seeing are form the "Emby for Kodi" (E4K) add-on, you also have EmbyCon installed, while they both will work together to stop your confusion as to which add-on you are using you should uninstall one of them that way you will know which add-on you are using and any errors or messages can be correctly attributed to that add-on.

taker1988

Ohhh ok. I thought I need both at the same time.

So, why does 2 addons exist? What is the difference between both addons?

Which one should I prefer?

• Solution
TeamB

You can use both but you don't need to.

EmbyCon loads your media items as you browse then, a little like a web browser loads pages, all the data comes from the server as you are browsing your libraries.

E4K tries to sync all your media libraries locally into the Kodi  DB.

They both exist because different people wrote them at different times with different purposes in mind.

• Like 1

taker1988

okey. i understand that.

im also using iptv on emby, but i could use it also direct in kodi. so i think it doesnt really matter if i use embycon or e4k.

ill give it a try. 

i could deactivate e4k and try embycon. after that i could deactivate embycon and than try emby for kodi. am i right with that?

//edit: i have to say, that my server pc is not very "strong". i think i cant use transcoding. does this matter?

(sry for my english...im from germany)

Edited by taker1988

TeamB

By default EmbyCon will try to direct stream your playback from the server, it will only transcode if you ask it to.

• Like 1

taker1988

ok. thank you :)

i disabled all emby addons (e4k) and only use embycon. now its working.

can i also use ALL premier features with embycon? or do i need for that emby4kodi?

taker1988

where can i find all the features? is there a list? i just bought it for iptv using and for "spending monthly a beer" ;)

taker1988

okey. thank you.

yea i use much of the premier features, but only for my server.

so i guess its ok, when im using only embycon. this is working so far. :)

okey, thats it. thank you for helping me guys.

have a nice day

best regards