Any way to display the aspect ratio on the movie info screen?

MrKazador

MrKazador

Is it possible to display the aspect ratio where it shows Video, Audio, and Subtitles? I attached an example

post-183-0-39898500-1586150926_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrKazador

MrKazador

Hi, it's down below in media info, right?

In the web browser yes. In Emby Theater for Windows, there is no media info.

• Like 1

In Emby Theater for Windows, there is no media info.

We'll be getting that added. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
trancemitr

This is something I've been hoping for in Theater for quite some time, as well.  I used to love it in WMC.  I use a projector that allows me to zoom the picture to the size of the screen, so when I know the aspect ratio I can set it up before even hitting play. 

There also used to be an option in Metadata Manager for "Original Aspect Ratio," which was great.  The auto-aspect ratio detection doesn't work when you're dealing with a full BD rip.  It appears to the system as 16x9 even if the picture is technically 2.40:1 because (I'm guessing) it sees the black bars as part of the picture.  When I placed a value in Original Aspect Ratio, WMC would show that aspect ratio.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
skewed_stony

"There also used to be an option in Metadata Manager for "Original Aspect Ratio," which was great.  The auto-aspect ratio detection doesn't work when you're dealing with a full BD rip.  It appears to the system as 16x9 even if the picture is technically 2.40:1 because (I'm guessing) it sees the black bars as part of the picture.  When I placed a value in Original Aspect Ratio, WMC would show that aspect ratio."

I totally agree with that. There was a possibility to edit a user aspect ratio. They deleted the field in the metadata editor. I could not imagine why they deleted it. It was so usefull and I dont think that the database will be overloaded with that.