5 replies to this topic

#1 garyes OFFLINE  

garyes

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 12:36 AM

Posted 04 April 2020 - 11:25 PM

Hi

I have created my Emby Connect Account and have logged into this forum using my username and password. I do not recall getting an activation email. I have checked junk email folder. I set account up 24 hours ago. When I type in my username or email address into the optional field on my Qnap Server I get the message "There was an error adding the Emby Connect Account". I have just upgraded to 4.4.1 and it was doing it on 4.4.0.40. The username and password is correct. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached log files Thanks Gary

Attached Files

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts
  • Local time: 10:36 AM

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:46 AM

Hi, if you look at your server log, all outgoing requests to all domains are timing out and failing. Is something on the machine blocking Emby Server from accessing the internet?

#3 garyes OFFLINE  

garyes

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:08 AM

Thanks Luke Not as far as I am aware. I just replace both HDD in NAS and clean install with only Emby server loaded. I did have a static ip and 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as dns - I moved data connection to second connection using DHCP on both and same result. I don't know where to look for what could be blocking it. I agree with you as I have just tried to browse the catalogue for plugins and that's not loading either. I try google to see if I can sort it. If you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:27 PM

Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or VPN. Can you look into those?

#5 garyes OFFLINE  

garyes

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:18 AM

Hi Luke I don't have a firewall on my NAS nor a hardware firewall apart from my modem. I run 2 Qnap servers - one is TS-453A on Emby 4.4.0 and has no issues with Emby Connect. The 2nd is a TS-253A. Both run thru the same modem with same static dns and subnet & gateway. Since our last message I have reinitialized the 253 NAS  back to factory settings and have only loaded emby server - nothing else and still getting same error. I don't use a VPN and have bot installed any firewall or antivirus on NAS. Could it be the OS on NAS - Should I try loading an older OS - Have attached most recent logs

Attached Files

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:56 AM

Yes you can try those. Unfortunately I can only confirm that the traffic is still being blocked, but there's no way for me to tell you what is responsible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users