ATV Shortcuts ... ie long presses

aja07

aja07

Hi

Is there a doco somewhere that explains all the ATV remote presses specifically the not so common ones ie long presses etc ?

Hi.  There is no document but those things should work as you would expect from using other similar applications.  Basically, a long-press on an item should produce a menu of options.

The only exceptions to that are the back button - which will take you back to home, and the ok button during video playback which will toggle the stats for nerds.

aja07

Thanks @ebr  I am a long time user of Windows media center and with its demise have only recently adopted Android / ATV

Being used to a remote that has a separate button for every action and now cominng to an ATV remote which is very sparse is quite a learning curve.  I am only now learning that there is something like a "long press" and have even heard there might be something like a double press. 

Hence the question if there was more info out there.  ie I particularly like the fact there is a quick access to SFN, will give that a try, as up to now the long way round is quite a pain especially since you have to do it again to turn off.  Keen to try the long press of the OK button :)