Search limit of 12 items?

khodges747

khodges747

When I search for movies starring an actor (either by entering the name in the search bar or by clicking on their name) I get a max of 12 items. I've tried changing the layout (vertical/horizontal, Auto/TV/Tablet/PC) and I tried it on MB4Android. I haven't tried it on the XB1 yet but it'll probably be the same.

Is this by design?

khodges747

Thanks Luke.

I think it's something that MUST be improved. I have 60-some movies with Cary Grant. I can find 12 of them, and I just have to remember the names of the other 48 when I want to binge-watch. This is a serious degradation from the older versions of MBT.

Spaceboy

Thanks Luke.

I think it's something that MUST be improved. I have 60-some movies with Cary Grant. I can find 12 of them, and I just have to remember the names of the other 48 when I want to binge-watch. This is a serious degradation from the older versions of MBT.

smart playlists? Not sure if they can filter by actor.

khodges747

smart playlists? Not sure if they can filter by actor.

Never heard of smart playlists. Point me to some info?

Keep in mind, I'm not looking for a "workaround". This is a functionality that existed in MB from the VERY BEGINNING and which has now been removed.

Spaceboy

Never heard of smart playlists. Point me to some info?

Keep in mind, I'm not looking for a "workaround". This is a functionality that existed in MB from the VERY BEGINNING and which has now been removed.

you'll almost certainly consider it a workaround but here you go https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82776-new-plugin-smartplaylists/

this aint MB anymore I'm afraid

khodges747

@@Spaceboy

Thanks for the link.

I'll check out the plugin, but you're right, it's a workaround.

Imagine you search for something on Google and they only give you the first 12 responses. Or on Windows File Explorer you only get the first 12 files, or on IMDb you only get the first 12 movies when you search an actor's filmography. It would be unacceptable.

Maybe you're right: this aint MB anymore.