I created emby plugin that gives ability to create smart playlists. It works just like iTunes smart playlists -> based on specified rules, playlists will be automatically updated during library changes.
- to set rules user must have rights to manage the server
- rules are specified inside plugin configuration section(in current logged user context): "Manage Emby Server" -> "Advanced" -> "SmartPlaylist".
- name of smart playlist determines which playlist will be updated
- playlist will be created automatically if did not exist before
- playlist will always be updated after saving rules
- user can set 3 types of update:
- Live -> update playlist if library changes with conditions -> update after 1000 changed items or update after 2 minutes of inactivity or update after 5 minutes
- Manual -> update playlist only after saving rules
- ShuffleDaily/ShuffleWeekly/ShuffleMonthly -> update playlist daily/weekly/monthly
- rules can be grouped
- groups can be nested
- strings are compared in case insensitive manner
- tested on Windows/Linux with Emby 220.127.116.11 beta
Feel free to test.
v18.104.22.168(v0.9.1.0 - for emby 22.214.171.124):
- filter by: Actor\GuestStar, Director, Path, Tags, ReleaseDate, ParentalRating, CommunityRating, Runtime
- sort by: SortName, ReleaseDate, ParentalRating, CommunityRating, Runtime, Episode(combination of SeriesName and SortName)
- fix setting proper MediaType for new playlists
- fix Random sort
- removed Series MediaType -> use Series criteria instead
- filter by series -> add "MediaType: Series" and criteria: "Episode Name", "Series"
- filter by movie name
Source code: https://github.com/p...Playlist.Plugin
Edited by saladin, 28 February 2020 - 08:40 PM.