I do not want any trans-coding.

paxnn
Go to solution Solved by paxnn,

maegibbons

Hi

If you upload a picture of a twat as your profile picture you will find all media will direct play.

Problem solved!

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Happy2Play

Looks like I have a broken copy of Emby, the screenshots are a "little" different.

Not if you go to the same location.

Happy2Play

My Dashboard: one user me the admin

5e864ac38193c_Dashboard.jpg

Now go to Users menu and select your user.

darkassassin07

My Users Page:

5e864777450dc_Users.jpg

JFC, have you tried maybe selecting the user you want to make changes to?

1) go to the servers settings/dashboard

2) click on 'users' on the left side bar

3) click on the user you want to edit ('Admin' in this case)

4) scroll down until you see 'Media Playback'

5) un-check the check boxes that say 'allow video playback that requires transcoding' 'allow audio playback that requires transcoding' 'allow video playback that requires conversion without re-encoding'

6) scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'save'

Edited by darkassassin07

Now go to Users menu and select your user.

look at post 22, I took a shot of my users page. I am the only user.

Happy2Play

The official answer is there is no options to stop transcoding.  Transcoding is happening for specific reasons.  Can you list the reason your current media is transcoding?

• Solution

The official answer is there is no options to stop transcoding.  Transcoding is happening for specific reasons.  Can you list the reason your current media is transcoding?

Emby is matched to the Display, I just profiled the Display to play everything. Now if the TV fails to play a video, it's on me to fix the file. I left transcoding untouched in the user profile, just needed to adjust the LG TV profile. 

Happy2Play Thank You.

Edited by paxnn

Happy2Play

Emby is matched to the Display, I just profiled the Display to play everything. Now if the TV fails to play a video, it's on me to fix the file. I left transcoding untouched in the user profile, just needed to adjust the LG TV profile. 

Happy2Play Thank You.

So you are talking about DLNA and not the LG TV APP, correct?

Yes you have more latitude with DLNA.

pwhodges

Golden Rule of customer support...Keep silent if you don't have a working and tested answer.

Golden Rule of obtaining support:  Read everything you are told, and if you don't understand it, ask about what you don't understand instead of asserting it must be wrong.

Paul

• Like 1

crusher11

Looks like I have a broken copy of Emby, the screenshots are a "little" different.

No, you're just an idiot.
  • Like 4

I'm the idiot for not knowing that profile page that only had  a button to upload my picture, and that the picture is now a button. No text, no real button, just the picture I upload. No, it is a fucked up ui. 

In any case I did NOT need to use the user profile, so everyone's advice SUCKED. I needed the "ulna device profile". NO ONE gave me that info, I had to work it out for myself.

So everything is working now that I changed the TVs profile. When the test file is loaded Emby just times out and gives me an ad for the premier version. When I want to go back to standard Emby, I just switch back to the original LG TV profile.

Just watched "Doctor Sleep" in Dolby Vision on my LG oled65c9, You were as helpful as the China Flu.

Edited by paxnn

So you are talking about DLNA and not the LG TV APP, correct?

Yes you have more latitude with DLNA.

No, I am using the LG TV Emby App. First time using DLNA, latitude, I couldn't say. 

Using the Mp4 container and tools is also new to me. Mp4 works with the DV dual video streams and a choice of 3 audio codecs, just now trying to mix in lossless audio, or maybe PCM. I never had a TV this sharp. It shows off  the poor quality of recoded video.

Happy2Play Thank You

Happy2Play

No client/device App uses the DLNA profile that I am aware of.  A device apps use their own internal capabilities files that are not user configurable.

@@Luke has this changed and some client/apps are configurable via the DLNA profile?

Edited by Happy2Play

Only Dlna devices use the Dlna profiles. Emby apps are not affected by them. Does that answer the question?

• Like 1

No, I am using the LG TV Emby App. 

The good news is the app will already direct play whenever possible, so there's nothing you need to do.