Emby Premiere Discount

KingMovies

41 minutes ago, mm007 said:

Unless you're Canadian and that's about $160 - not happening...

Still the same purchase power or cost compared to other products. :)

I thought they had already ran a promo at some point with cheaper prices. Edit :- They did : Not sure if they ever repeated that though. I bought  a Plex LTP and it was Ok but upon reinstalling without really reinstalling (normally ok installing from my backup files to save from scraping a S ton of meta) it just wouldn't stop accessing my USB HDD and I didn't want to scrape 100s of gigs over and over again so switched to Emby but I'm not that serious now about serving media.Ive got too many computers and hundreds of usb 3 drives full o nowt worth having. So I if they did have another promo for $79.99 would just give them the money and probably still not use it to the extent YOU pro users are.

618922440_emby2016sale.thumb.jpg.4086aaef029ecad18a3480d61914b17b.jpg

Edited by fce2

Happy2Play

Yep YEARS ago.  Did you look at the date of that blog?

• 1 month later...

Emby is worth so much more than they are asking for it.

Plex? Pfffft. Something just .. I can't place it. Don't like it. To much like "Let's see what we can get out of you" kind of thing.

Yes, the model changed a little bit, from what it was when it started. But with that, it's gained also gained quite a bit of benefit too.

When I chose Emby, it had live TV, while Plex had excuses why they didn't. I'm somewhat convince that Plex might not even be as functional as it is now, if not for Emby being like a forest fire under the arse of Plex. 😷

• Like 2