Photo

Artist.NFO issues I.E cannot get emby to read the info from them.

Artist NFO Biography

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BoroAndy OFFLINE  

BoroAndy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 05:21 PM

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:16 AM

Hi There,

I have been going through over the last couple of days getting my music library sorted out within emby but having an issue with the artist.nfo files been read that i have generated myself. I have tried to look round to get an answer for this before posting but was struggling to find an answer. 

I am sure there must be something wrong with either a setting or the wording i have used in the .NFO file but am not really sure what tbf.

I have no issues with the album NFO's been generated and i am able to edit them with the information I want in them and that shows fine, as i said must be something to do with how i have sent the NFO up i am guessing.

As an example please see attached artist NFO and maybe someone can point me in the right direction for getting emby to read it.

Thanks

Andy

Attached Files

#2 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 19145 posts
  • Local time: 09:21 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:08 AM

Emby does not use artist images or artist.nfo.  Actually Folder View will use the image but artist.nfo is not used in any way, currently.

#3 BoroAndy OFFLINE  

BoroAndy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:33 AM

Cheers for the answer that explains it then!!. At least i know i have not done something wrong in that case.

Looks like a few days of copying and pasting the information i want in Emby then!! 

Cheers

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156879 posts
  • Local time: 12:21 PM

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:38 PM

We plan to support it in future updates. thanks.

#5 BoroAndy OFFLINE  

BoroAndy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:45 PM

Cheers that's good to know Luke, I don't mind doing the copy and pasting at the minute, only another 500-600 to go!! lol

Cheers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Artist, NFO, Biography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users