Plugins Won't update and cannot see catalog

Losidion
Go to solution Solved by spongygr,

Losidion

Hello,

I have and issues where i cannot update any plugins nor can i see anything catalog the error for the update is below.

Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates(Version applicationVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

At first i thought it could be my DNS so I passed it to google. However, I still have the same issues.

My second thought was maybe it was the dual stack IPv6 as my routers been having issues with ipv6-ipv4 so I turned that off as well. I am still having the same issues.

I an running on CentOS in a Vm.

They only thing that  has changed is that I have move recently and had to change IPS before the move it was working fine. My server was offline for about 3 months while I moved so I don’t know if that’s the issue.

I did update the server once it was back online but the plugin refuses to update.

Can you please help

Thank you. 

Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates(Version applicationVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Hi, this means something is blocking your access to that domain. Typical causes are firewall, security software or VPN. Can you look into those?

Losidion

Well i do not use a VPN and i can get a trace-route to run to the site but it seem to not get a response.

traceroute to mb3admin.com (173.230.139.54), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets

1  gateway (192.168.1.254)  0.320 ms  0.230 ms  0.130 ms
 2  10.0.0.1 (10.0.0.1)  1.654 ms  1.655 ms  1.687 ms
 3  50.66.32.1 (50.66.32.1)  14.380 ms  14.302 ms  14.256 ms
 4  rc3so-be112-1.cg.shawcable.net (64.59.131.97)  11.570 ms  15.526 ms  15.570 ms
 5  rc1wt-be82.wa.shawcable.net (66.163.76.9)  36.335 ms  36.241 ms  36.609 ms
 6  sea-b2-link.telia.net (62.115.146.72)  36.058 ms  31.136 ms  35.840 ms
 7  chi-b21-link.telia.net (62.115.117.49)  62.343 ms  58.098 ms  63.987 ms
 8  atl-b24-link.telia.net (62.115.113.18)  77.893 ms  77.671 ms  77.488 ms
 9  linode-ic-321031-atl-b22.c.telia.net (213.248.75.5)  78.019 ms  78.021 ms  77.510 ms
10  74.207.239.5 (74.207.239.5)  77.759 ms 74.207.239.21 (74.207.239.21)  102.419 ms 74.207.239.23 (74.207.239.23)  77.838 ms

i cannot get ping responses from it but i don't know if it would respond.

DNS resolves it as well

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   mb3admin.com
Address: 173.230.139.54
Name:   mb3admin.com
Address: 2600:3c02::f03c:91ff:fe6e:540

i have made no firewall changes on the VM, host nor my router so i am a bit at a loss.
Edited by Losidion

• Solution
spongygr

Hi,

I had the same problem on my ubuntu 16.04 server for the last 3 days. After a restart it looks like it is working but only for a small amount of time.

Finally,

I found what was wrong.

the connection was being done over ipv6

Connecting to www.mb3admin.com (www.mb3admin.com)|2600:3c02::f03c:91ff:fe6e:540|:443... failed: Connection timed out.

now for some reason it times out.

i disabled ipv6 on my server

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6=1

now is working fine.

Connecting to www.mb3admin.com (www.mb3admin.com)|173.230.139.54|:443... connected.

• Like 1

Losidion

i have check and i can access the the URL and i am presented with the following 

5e84101de782d_Capture.png

i also noticed a few other oddities 

Backups fails to run .( i am assuming its because its out of date )

and scan media library get stuck at 87.1%.

i have already disabled ipv6 on the server and stopped ipv6 DHCP passed my gateway so that does not seem to be the case.

i think i might have broke something on on the server when i updated it as the last time it was running was back in November which is when my last backup is dated for.

i have check and i can access the the URL and i am presented with the following 

5e84101de782d_Capture.png

i also noticed a few other oddities 

Backups fails to run .( i am assuming its because its out of date )

and scan media library get stuck at 87.1%.

i have already disabled ipv6 on the server and stopped ipv6 DHCP passed my gateway so that does not seem to be the case.

i think i might have broke something on on the server when i updated it as the last time it was running was back in November which is when my last backup is dated for.

Hi, can you attach the emby server log? Thanks.

Ok thanks. I wanted to check and see if there might be another problem on top of this, but it's just the timeouts. Unfortunately with those there's no way for me to tell you why, I can only confirm that that's what it is.

• 4 weeks later...
Losidion

Sorry for not replying back sooner its been a busy few weeks. 

i have fix this issue seem my gateway router was blocking access to the file as it had tripped my Intrusion prevention system.

i have gotten quite a few hits from people trying to port scan the server so i have been dialing up access restrictions on it.

i have since dialed it back a bit and it update fine.

This does give me an idea feature request it see if is possible to add in a geo-locking feature for user logins. 

Thank you for you help with this i have loved Emby for a long time and the forums have been extremely helpful.

Happy2Play

Sorry for not replying back sooner its been a busy few weeks. 

i have fix this issue seem my gateway router was blocking access to the file as it had tripped my Intrusion prevention system.

i have gotten quite a few hits from people trying to port scan the server so i have been dialing up access restrictions on it.

i have since dialed it back a bit and it update fine.

This does give me an idea feature request it see if is possible to add in a geo-locking feature for user logins. 

Thank you for you help with this i have loved Emby for a long time and the forums have been extremely helpful.

Can't you already do that with "Remote IP address filter"?  Dashboard-Network

Losidion

If i wanted to lock it to a specific IP group of WAN IPs or a range of IP i could but most of the remote users that access my server are not on static public IPs they have dynamic public IPs.(Mine changes every 3 months like clockwork)

Also this only really works if the only used it at one location and not on the road or or accessing from different locations. 

i guess if i wanted to add their new public IPs into the list every time they lose access i could but that would be a maintenance nightmare and i doing like doing administrative tasks my local network. 

Adding a Geo-lock feature would limit access for users in local region (say north america) would help limit unauthorized access without being too restrictive. 

But this is not the right place for such a feature request ill move it over where it belongs it was just an idea.