Photos - Runtime and Last Played sort options missing

happpyg

happpyg

I used to use this feature a heap but it's been a while and have noticed since the changes to vertical scrolling etc and the "Photos" and "Folder" options up the top, when in the Folder view the Runtime and Last Played sort options are missing?  They are there for Photos view but that shows all photos, I would like to drill into folders and sort by runtime like I used to.

Also don't see the icon overlays that i'm sure used to be there, and still are in the web app, to depict video vs photo?

Am I missing something?

5e8007375a41a_screenshot.jpg

Thanks!

happpyg

Your photos have runtimes..?

Yeah, mixed pictures and videos, can't remember if it is the old home videos & photos library type or just photos but yes lots of family video clips.  Sorting by runtime allows me to quickly effectively group all the video clips together making viewing them easier.  This option used to be there but has been removed if i'm not missing something else?

Thanks!

Sorting by runtime allows me to quickly effectively group all the video clips together making viewing them easier.  

Doesn't the "Videos" tab at the top do that for you?  It does have sort by runtime as well...

happpyg

Doesn't the "Videos" tab at the top do that for you?  It does have sort by runtime as well...

I don't see a videos tab?  Library type hasn't changed in years and sort used to be there before?  Am I missing something else?

5e81bfa26c964_screenshot.jpg

I don't see a videos tab?  Library type hasn't changed in years and sort used to be there before?  Am I missing something else?

5e81bfa26c964_screenshot.jpg

Yeah, that library type is actually set to "photos" from way back.  If you change it to the current new Home Videos and Photos, it will show a Videos tab as well.

happpyg

Yeah, that library type is actually set to "photos" from way back.  If you change it to the current new Home Videos and Photos, it will show a Videos tab as well.

Ahh I see now.  Sorting by runtime is available with the newer Home Videos and Photos library type however only in Videos or Photos view, not in Folders view.  It's been a while but since changes made years ago (separate thread i created but it never got fixed) rotation information in the pictures exif data was not obeyed when creating thumbnails for folders etc and the older library type seemed to behave differently in this regard to the newer HV+P library type so I never changed it, I may do now.

However, I have lots of home videos and photos, over 100,000 of them, sorted into years and then events etc, so we will drill down into the year and event folder we want to look at and liked the ability we had previously to see videos and photos combined which we can do in folder view but only in folder view are we missing the option to sort by runtime like the other views.  Is it possible to get that back?

The problem with the Photos and Videos views is it just shows all items from all folders which is a huge list.

The other thing missing, is when in Folder view, the only indication that a thumbnail is a movie is the movie length under the title, there used to be a small icon/overlay on the thumbnail depicting photo vs video - that was really cool but is missing now?

Thanks!