5 replies to this topic

#1 paddy75 OFFLINE  

paddy75

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Local time: 03:36 PM

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:33 PM

Hey guys,

I have a question what is the correct way to restore from "People backup and restore".

I used "Backup/Restore People and Artist Metadata from named person folder structure (Legacy Emby Style)", copied the folders to another Emby-Server and clicked on full restore. In the logs i can see the restore process is running without errors. If I look into the movies the actors still have now pictures or data. What else is to do that a full restore is successfull?

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156835 posts
  • Local time: 09:36 AM

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:59 AM

@pünktchen

#3 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2524 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:47 PM

@paddy75 in general that's the way to go. Have you verified that images and people.xml files exist in your backup?

#4 paddy75 OFFLINE  

paddy75

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:58 AM

yes, they are in the backup folders. Only images are not present from time to time when there is no in the movie database or tvdb.

#5 paddy75 OFFLINE  

paddy75

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:08 AM

Next question is what exactly is happen when the task "people backup" is running. I think normaly a incremental backup is running. I changed some people but when the task runs, this people was not included in the backup. Only when i run a full backup the backup-folder got the new content.

#6 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2524 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

Incremental backup was the plan and i'm sure this was working already. So either Emby or myself broke this functionality. I will look into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users