QNAP + Emby 4.4.0.40 startup issue

tmysik
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

tmysik

Hello,
I am using Emby on my QNAP device (HS 251) and it is working great, for couple of years now. I have upgraded to version 4.4.0.40 and have an issue with it - I automatically turn off my QNAP every day at midnight and start it again at 6am. Emby used to work without any problem with such a setup. But this new version "does not start properly" (not sure what the real cause is) - in the morning, I can see it in my QNAP as running but the web interface is not (KODI cannot connect to it either). I have to stop it and start it again in the QNAP Apps UI, then everything works as expected for the rest of the day.

If you tell me how to help (to get logs or similarly), I will do it, of course.

Thank you for your work, it is perfect!

• Solution

As a test, if you remove the dlna and port mapper plugins, then restart the server, does that help?

• Like 1

tmysik

Today, it started normally and is running. But let me verify that also at least tomorrow, I think that it started OK once even before. Thanks!

tmysik

I can confirm that even today Emby started OK. So, thanks a lot!

BTW is there anything I could try to do in order to solve this problem? I would be more than happy to help, of course.

tmysik

OK, just to confirm - one more day without any problem so it seems to be related to those plugins. Fortunately, I don't use them so no problem for me but I am willing to help so this problem can be solved for all the users.

tmysik

I just installed Emby 4.4.1.0 and enabled those 2 plugins again. Will let you know tomorrow morning :) Thank you.

tmysik

I can confirm that today Emby started OK. Will monitor it for the next couple days and let you know. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
tmysik

Just a note - the issue reported in this thread (Emby does not start) randomly occurs again, that is why I added a new comment here. Looking into the logs, some port mapping errors can be found there so I guess it is the port mapper plugin?

• 2 weeks later...
shdwkeeper

I just installed Emby on Qnap v4.4.2.1270 and than installed a plugin, hit restart in the web app and Emby never restarted but its still running in Qnap.  Any ideas?

tmysik

> installed a plugin?

Which plugin?

> hit restart in the web app

I use QNAP for it (Applications, there you see all installed applications, any of them can be restarted, stopped, removed, etc.)

HTH.