Odroid HC2 + hardware transcoding = green line.

NormSwarm

NormSwarm

Hello,

I'm trying to get the HW transcoding to work on my odroid HC2 (it's the same chipset as the XU4).

I'm getting green line everytime I set the HW transcoding with V4L2 (OpenMax doesn't work and fallback to SW).

I'm using Amrbian with kernel 5.4.19 and Emby 4.5.0.1 for armhf.

Moreover, the HW transcoding is slower than using SW transcoding.

xHZWITi.png

ffmpeg-transcode-a4ab62d8-bc98-4420-adbc-664103ad888b_1.txt

Edited by NormSwarm

NormSwarm

@@Luke Sorry to ping you, I still haven't got any answer for this ...

I know that @@memeka worked on this with you sometimes ago.

Edited by NormSwarm

NormSwarm

@@Luke If I can provide anything to help testing it/reproducing it don't hesitate.

I have all the deb of the built kernel to be able to exactly have the same version.

Edited by NormSwarm

• 3 weeks later...
NormSwarm

@@Luke

If I downgrade the kernel back into a stable version (4.14.y), Emby Beta 4.5.0 doesn't run, it crashes with a segfault as soon as I access the dashboard.

Same if I try to run Emby stable 4.4.2.0.

The problem also is the kernel 5.6.y isn't stable at the moment, I had to go back to 4.14.y, but by doing so, Emby doesn't work anymore.

NormSwarm

The kernel 5.4.y for the Odroid XU4 is still considered unstable. (cf : https://forum.armbian.com/topic/13742-odroid-hc2-kernel-5430/ & https://dl.armbian.com/_test-reports/2020-04-14_23.51.46.html )

The memory module will crash randomnly when trying to allocate pages.

About Emby, on 4.5.0.6 with kernel 4.14.y, emby crash either by doing some memory violation ( http://ix.io/2icL ) at boot or when reaching the dashboard.

Or also crash at Boot on on LibraryChangedNotifier:

pr 15 14:59:39 dolma.hole emby-server[18409]: Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.AutomaticRestartEntryPoint
Apr 15 14:59:39 dolma.hole emby-server[18409]: Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.AutomaticRestartEntryPoint. Duration: 0.00088 secondsApr 15 14:59:39 dolma.hole emby-server[18409]: Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake
Apr 15 14:59:39 dolma.hole emby-server[18409]: Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake. Duration: 0.0005003 seconds
Apr 15 14:59:39 dolma.hole emby-server[18409]: Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier
Apr 15 14:59:39 dolma.hole systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Apr 15 14:59:39 dolma.hole systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

Edited by NormSwarm