Emby is not displaying all photos in some directories

zBernie
Go to solution Solved by zBernie,

OK so I got the same thing you did, one loaded one didn't.  Then I tried to open both via Windows and one would open and the other Windows said was corrupt.

dirtybeagles

hmm. that is odd because I can open 509Mobile-not.working.jpg with no issues on MAC and PC. 

But I cannot open the file in photoshop. I can open it up in Viewer (MAC) no issues. 

But I can accept that these pictures are corrupted. No clue how it happened. I tested it with a few more files and same thing. Cannot open in photoshop. 

If I can figure anything else out I will report back. 

dirtybeagles

A work around was to open the file up in a corrupted photo and SAVE AS another file (same JPEG type) and it works fine after a refresh. I blame iphone and android changing images depending on the feature you have turned on. I changed my iphone to RAW only which will resolve my issue going forward. 

Time to manually fix all my photos haha. 

Thanks for your help.  

That's one way to fix it. :)

Just glad we got to the bottom of the problem.

dirtybeagles

UPDATE: I want to let people know of a work around for this issue. 

PROBLEM: images seem to be corrupted from some smart phone uploads (2020-2021 versions of android and iphones). Not an Emby issue, but a compatibility issue on the photo formats being uploaded to your PC. 

WORKAROUND: I used irfanview to convert all my corrupted jpg --> png files. I first moved all the corrupted images to their own folder, ran the batch conversion tool (look in File within IranView and once converted, I added them back to my library and my photos are now showing up in emby. 

I hope this helps others.