Please show the Emby Andriod some love for music playback issues.

Tenyrsgone27

Tenyrsgone27

Hello,

Emby for Andriod version: 3.1.10 (beta tester)

Emby server version: 4.4.0.40

I really love how you guys have been updating the server OS and the apps, but could you please please please show some love to the Andriod Emby app for playing music? I know i'm not the only one in this boat where when you try to play music it just stops playing for no reason. If you pause your music and walk away for 10 seconds the app shuts down and then doesn't show you were playing anything to unpause.

One of the best things about Emby is how the folder structure works and how you can build a very organized music tree of artist. I use the Emby app every day playing music and it just fails all the time with these issues. Can you please see if you can get these issues resolved with the app?

Thank you!

Tenyrsgone27

rechigo

If you pause your music and walk away for 10 seconds the app shuts down and then doesn't show you were playing anything to unpause

I and many others have been reporting this for months now (back to november 2019) and still, nothing has been done. I'm getting tired of going into the app, find the album, find the song, and start playback all over again simply because I paused my music for a minute to talk to somebody. This is something related to the mpv player as both the browser app and the Jellyfin client (yeah, ew, I know) do not suffer from this issue

Tenyrsgone27

Rechigo,

I completely agree, I've been having these issues with music since 2019. There are several issues with the playback, app won't stay open in the background, doesn't remember the song or artist you left off with. These are really all standard parts of the app that should be very stable, i'm hopeful the Emby team will get these issues addressed very soon. I LOVE listening to music through the day, for it to work maybe 25% of the time is extremely frustrating. 

Tenyrsgone27

Thank you for the update. I will do heavy testing this week and report back if there are still issues.

Edited by Tenyrsgone27

Tenyrsgone27

Update.

It's more stable. Decent improvement from before and less crashing. However I still have had the app stop playing music and close. If you leave it paused for too long it closes the app. Honestly, I won't care that the app closes or gets closed, if it would remember where and what song I was playing in the app. That's one of the most frustrating things is when it does close or get closed it doesn't recall anything and you have to start all over and go back to the artist(s). 

Appreciate the update to getting the app more stable. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Tenyrsgone27

Hello,

I know I am a broken record, but I try to use Emby to play music on my Android phone every day and it still does not work 100%. It crashes a lot for no reason, just will stop and then you can't start playing again you have to close the app and restart.

If there is anything I can do to help to fix the issue, please let me know. I really want to use Emby daily to play my music on my phone while I work.

Tenyrsgone27

I've merged your topics so that we can keep relevant discussion together. Please try the next update to the app. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Tenyrsgone27

Hello,

I wanted to follow up on above and your mention of the next update. Was there an update pushed out? I have been checking but haven't seen a update for this issue. 

Tenyrsgone27

No prob. Thanks for the update, I'll be on the lookout for when the update rolls out. 

dparrott

I've seen a few times it plays the first beat/note of a song, pauses for a half second, then plays the rest of the song.  

I've paused songs for several minutes and I can resume them with no problem.

Edited by dparrott

• 4 months later...
Tenyrsgone27

Hello,

Just checking in and seeing if there has been any movement on the fix for the Emby app for music?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Tenyrsgone27

Well that didn't last long. Already crashed for no reason, didn't even get 10 minute of use out of the app.

When I go into the app, it shows the song at the bottom with the play button but when you click on it, it won't play or do anything. The app still has bugs when it comes to playing music. :(

Edited by Tenyrsgone27