Gamebrowser 3 configurator not showing new PC games

elguapo67

elguapo67

Thanks to Redshirt for the latest update to GB3 - MBC no longer crashes when selecting it. Plus all the games are now showing up in MBC and I can play everything except for PC games.  The configurator for GB3 does not show my PC games (new install).  I can see them in MBC, but there is no play button since they have not been linked to the executable. I hope this can be addressed since it seems to be the only issue I am having now.

GB3 Classic  3.0.0.41

GB3 Server  2.9.5184.24602

MBS 3.0.5289.18702

MBC 3.0.187.0 6-20.1

Thanks!

Haubrija

I'm having the same issue.  Any workaround for this?  Games are properly showing up in the server but I can't configure the executable in the MBC Configurator.

Redshirt

We're aware of it. Trying to resolve it.

• 2 weeks later...
greenvalor7

Not showing PC games for me either.  Not complaining though.  I appreciate your work and dedication Redshirt.  It has got to be tough with so many different updates to the server. 

GB3 Classic Plug-in: 3.0.0.41

GB3 Server  Plug-in:  2.9.5301.35531

MBS: 3.0.5289.18702

MBC: 3.0.191.0 7-7.1

porkbone

Hey greenvalor7, it looks like you have all the latest versions, so now all you have to do is refresh your game media folder from the editing interface. Luke posted this on another Gamebrowser post. 

I don't know if that works since I just went ahead and wiped my library.db and re did the game browser setup from scratch and now everything is working.  That was probably horrible advice

I would try Luke's way first.

NOCHTPC

Hi, I've tried rescanning, and deleting the gamebrowser xml, re doing the library and plug in but still cant get the pc games to show in the mbc config.  I have the latest versions of everything.  Hope this can be resolved soon.  Love this program.

Edited by NOCHTPC

porkbone

Well, if this will help you NOCHTPC, here's what I did.  I deleted the games directory from the library, deleted each game system  directory from the plugin Platform Configuration, uninstalled the GB3 plugin and closed MBS.  In the MBC configurator, I deleted the Gamebrowser plugin then went into the ProgramData\Mediabrowser-Classic\Plugins\Configurations folder and deleted the Gamebrowser.xml and also for the

C:\Users\Brain\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations folder. Then deleted the library.db.  You might think this is excessive, but then I rebooted the computer and let MBS do a fresh scan. I then started loading the gamebrowser plugins and library, did a full scan again and everything was now showing up.

Forgot - also deleted all the game.xml files from the game & rom directories before the reboot.

I hope this helps and good luck :)

greenvalor7

Hey greenvalor7, it looks like you have all the latest versions, so now all you have to do is refresh your game media folder from the editing interface. Luke posted this on another Gamebrowser post..

That worked!  Thank you porkbone.

porkbone

Turns out we didn't need to delete the library. db after all. Just did this for a friends machine without deleting it and it worked as well.

Glad you two got it up and running, but the fix came from Luke, Redshirt & ebr - I'm just parroting ;)

Edited by porkbone

NOCHTPC

why does the config show my games twice now? Yesterday I configed each game to their exe file and worked great but now the config is showing the games twice.  MB3 classic is not showing the play button for some games so I had to config the duplicate games' exe file and now its working but why does it show duplicates?  I'm running the latest versions of everything.53c046dba608c_Untitled.png

porkbone

Not sure why that happened, but I've seen that before.  I cleaned it up by redoing the Gamebrowser from the MBC side.  Delete the Gamebrowser plugin in the MBC configurator, then delete the Gambrowser.xml from the ProgramData\MediaBrowser - Classic\plugins\config folder. Reload the plugin, do a full scan, then re-link the games & emulators.  That should clear it up.