Adding Links back up top

theusedversion

theusedversion

For Version 4.4.0.40.  In case anyone needs to add links back up top where they used to be.  The latest update broke the previous fix.  Here is how to add them back.  Note: I know nothing of HTML but I kind of figured it out by using the old fix. 

First, go to Users>AppData>Roaming>Emby-Server>System>dashboard-ui and copy the item folder somewhere else to make a backup in case you screw something up.  Now that you have a backup, go into the item folder (not the backup, the other one) and edit the file item.html with preferably Notepad ++ if you have it.  Scroll down to the following lines (413-416) and delete them.  Here is the code that you will delete:

<div class="verticalSection linksSection hide">
            <h2 class="sectionTitle padded-left" style="margin-bottom:.4em;">${Links}</h2>
            <div class="itemLinks padded-left padded-right focusable"></div>
        </div>

Then scroll up to the following lines (273-275):

<div class="seriesRecordingEditor hide" style="margin-top:2em;">

</div>

and paste the following lines after it (276-278)

<div class="verticalSection detailVerticalSection linksSection hide">
                               <div class="itemLinks padded-right"></div>
                        </div>

it should look like the following lines (273-282):

<div class="seriesRecordingEditor hide" style="margin-top:2em;">

</div>
						 <div class="verticalSection detailVerticalSection linksSection hide">
                               <div class="itemLinks padded-right"></div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </div>

<div class="trackList vertical-list padded-top padded-left padded-right padded-bottom hide" is="emby-itemscontainer" style="margin-bottom:1.5em;">

It should look like this

5e77b9f67405a_Untitled1.jpg

Looks good, right?  Again, I don't know HTML so I'm not the best person to be doing this but I couldn't find any threads since the latest update that broke the previous fix so I figured I would try to fix it myself and I guess I did.  Please make a backup of that item folder before you begin though. Hope this helps someone.

Edit:  Oh yeah, you will probably need to restart Emby as well as clear your browser cache.  If you made the changes but nothing changed, then clear your browser's cache.

Edited by theusedversion
  • Like 2

Happy2Play

I do the same. 

I added this to my Find and Replace bat file for other changes I run after every update.

Spaceboy

Yes we have a hard job making everyone as happy as possible. We do our best.

do you? You did this in beta, got lots of negative feedback, ignored it and released it to stable where you’re getting more negative feedback. Not one person ever asked for this...
  • Like 1

PenkethBoy

I do the same. 

I added this to my Find and Replace bat file for other changes I run after every update.

H2P - care to share

Happy2Play

H2P - care to share

As mentioned in css forum I use a program called Find and Replace (fnr.exe).  Replace everything green to blue, change homesections.js item limit, copy in colored logo, switch database vacuum switch, and move links in item.html.  Obviously you would need to adjust paths.

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui" --fileMask "*.*" --excludeFileMask "*.dll, *.exe,*.png, *.gif, *.jpg, *.woff, *.woff2, *.ico" --includeSubDirectories --useRegEx --find ":green" --replace ":#0C57D6"

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui" --fileMask "*.*" --excludeFileMask "*.dll, *.exe,*.png, *.gif, *.jpg, *.woff, *.woff2, *.ico" --includeSubDirectories --useRegEx --find "#52b54b|#2bc253|#54f054|#5EC157|#009F00|#00B32C" --replace "#0C57D6"

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui" --fileMask "*.css" --includeSubDirectories --find "rgba(82,181,75" --replace "rgba(12,87,214"

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui" --fileMask "*.css" --includeSubDirectories --find "rgba(82, 181, 75" --replace "rgba(12, 87, 214"

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\homesections" --fileMask "homesections.js" --includeSubDirectories --find "var apiClient=connectionManager.getApiClient(serverId),limit=16;" --replace "var apiClient=connectionManager.getApiClient(serverId),limit=20;"

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\programdata\config" --fileMask "system.xml" --skipBinaryFileDetection --find "<VacuumDatabaseOnStartup>false</VacuumDatabaseOnStartup>" --replace "<VacuumDatabaseOnStartup>true</VacuumDatabaseOnStartup>"

copy Y:\Emby-Server\logowhite.png Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\themes\logowhite.png /y

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\item" --fileMask "item.html" --find "\n        <div class=""verticalSection linksSection hide"">\n            <h2 class=""sectionTitle padded-left"" style=""margin-bottom:.4em;"">${Links}</h2>\n            <div class=""itemLinks padded-left padded-right focusable""></div>\n        </div>\n" --replace ""

"C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Script\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "Y:\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\item" --fileMask "item.html" --find "                        <div class=""seriesRecordingEditor hide"" style=""margin-top:2em;"">\n\n                        </div>\n                    </div>\n                </div>" --replace "                        <div class=""seriesRecordingEditor hide"" style=""margin-top:2em;"">\n\n                        </div>\n											\n						<div class=""verticalSection linksSection hide"">\n							<h2 class=""sectionTitle padded-left hide"" style=""margin-bottom:.4em;"">${Links}</h2>\n						<div class=""itemLinks focusable""></div>\n						</div>\n\n                    </div>\n                </div>"