Currently I have experienced a few rather limiting functions of the playlist system that I think could use some improving:
- There is no access control
- If a user has access to playlists they can see, edit, and create playlists system wide.
- Users cannot have their own private playlists
- A user with no access granted to playlists can still add media to any playlist in the system, even though they cannot actually browser playlists. (this is probably a bug)
- Attempting to click into an item in a playlist starts playback immediately rather than jump to it's info screen.
- Playlists should only be visible to the playlist creator by default.
- Admins should be able to define expanded access to individual playlists.
- Playlist objects should have an option to "view object", if not just the default behavior.
- Grouping of TV show objects would be nice to ease viewing large playlists. (I mostly see users create playlists to lump a bunch of TV shows together that they can just hit shuffle on)