[Issue]Cannot play anything anymore

flowcool

I beleive I am seeing this same issue,

Android TV 5.1.1 and latest release of emby 1.7.92 the app crashes to a black screen on playback

I enrolled into the beta program successfully, and updated the app in playstore (it says i am a beta tester) however just like estriker the app has only updated to 1.7.93 and no matter what i do it wont budge from here; the "whats new" in the app description on playstore matches that as listed in the release notes for 1.7.93 as well.

could this be a regional or cache issue? or is there a way to somehow get 1.7.94 or above loaded so i can test if this issue is indeed the same and is resolved in this version?

thanks!

arsounet

I have tested to register to beta version on Android TV and the last version I see is the 1.7.93g.Maybe it's due to version number that is less or equal between 1.7.93g and 1.7.94 or 95? Or is the new beta version no more accessible to Android 5.1.1?

Edited by arsounet

No, I'm sure it is just Google being very slow with pushing out updates.  They were moving slowly a few weeks ago and, now, everyone is moving slower due to resource constraints.

Hey guys. How did you install this apk? I've tried with file explorer, but I wasn't able to click "install"... the button was there, but somehow I wasn't able to click on it. Before that, I enabled install from "unknown sources" function. 

You have to press blue button and then back button (on remote control).

After that, you can select and click on "Install".

But I have problems with this version, that sometimes play/works normal, and sometimes it wont play.

Then you leave the app and come back to work again, after a few movies, it refuses to play again.

Hi All

I can confirm this EVENTUALLY came through :rolleyes:, i've now got a weird no sound on playback problem, I will debug some more and open a new issue if i turn anything up.

Initial issue of no playback at all on this version of Android TV is resolved.