[Issue]Cannot play anything anymore

flowcool

flowcool
Dear All,

Brand new bug and I don't remember any change occurred lately.

I rebooted my synology, re-installed TV (Android TV) and still I'm not able to read movies or TC show (even movies I started couple of days before).

Android TV says: Application is not answering, do you want to kill or wait.

Having a look to logs onto the server, I didn't saw anything particular.

My TV is Philips 55PUS7600/12

Server is a Synology 718+ (just bring it to 16GB of RAM)

I'm completely lost how to investigate...

FYI, webpage and webreading is working perfectly.

Any clue ?

embyserver.txt

rbjtech

Port Mapper 1.0.3.0

Any reason you are using this - as your logs are filled with errors for it.

I would also check the IP address of your Android TV - is it on the same subnet/network as your working web clients ?

coldviber

same problem where.

android tv in mibox works fine, android tv in Philips or mxq 4k don't work.

I have in the same network the clients

flowcool

Port Mapper 1.0.3.0

Any reason you are using this - as your logs are filled with errors for it.

I would also check the IP address of your Android TV - is it on the same subnet/network as your working web clients ?

Good catch for Port Mapper...it was installed by default actually as I didn't installed any extension. I juste removed it now... and reboot but same behavior :(

I joining back the new file if you have any ideas.

And Server & TV are on the same network

embyserver_2.txt

arsounet

Hello,

Same issue here with Emby for Android TV 1.7.92g on Philips TV, I send you the logs at utc 18:47.

Android is 5.1. I' have uninstalled Port Mapper, always not working.

Thank you to have a look.

embyserver.txt

Edited by arsounet

Hello,

Same issue here with Emby for Android TV 1.7.92g on Philips TV, I send you the logs at utc 18:47.

Android is 5.1. I' have uninstalled Port Mapper, always not working.

Thank you to have a look.

Please attach the emby server log as well. Thanks.

coldviber

seems this only happen in old versions of android.

the work around is use a external player, but is a mess, emby player is a lot better.

coldviber

Hi.  Exactly when does it crash?

when i press play (tvshow or movie), the app crash, if i use a external player the app dont crash.

I already set the bitrate to the lowest possible and audio to downmix.

arsounet

when i press play (tvshow or movie), the app crash, if i use a external player the app dont crash.

Same for me, when I press the play button, there is a wait of 2 seconds and then black screen and after near 20 seconds, the message from Android that app take to long to respond.

Edited by arsounet

flowcool

Same in here ;)

estriker

Hey guys. How did you install this apk? I've tried with file explorer, but I wasn't able to click "install"... the button was there, but somehow I wasn't able to click on it. Before that, I enabled install from "unknown sources" function. 

Hey guys. How did you install this apk? I've tried with file explorer, but I wasn't able to click "install"... the button was there, but somehow I wasn't able to click on it. Before that, I enabled install from "unknown sources" function. 

Hi.  You could just join the Google beta.

(instructions in the testing section)

estriker

Thanks. How long does it usually take to get new beta version automatically installed after entering the beta program? I had previously installed version .93, so regarding instuctions, I just need to wait some time to get it there, but after 8 hours still nothing. Is it possible that those versions are not compatible with my TV? Is it possible somehow to get older versions? It worked well before 18th of March with previous version.

estriker

I've tried to update Android on my TV, but there was latest version. I've went through Google Play settings, but updates are automatically downloaded and installed. I've tried to manually check for updates anywhere but no success. I've even tried with different TV (younger TV, where latest version is working ok), went to beta program and tried to update it also there, but no success. Did you have in mind those updates (Google Play) or anything else? Thank you for your support and time, really appreciate it.

Are you sure you properly entered the beta program and are logged into the TV with the same Google account you did that with?

estriker

Yes, more than sure. I followed link for Android TV in thread inside testing section. I can also see title "beta version" next to description in google play on my tv, but version is .93. As I said, I did the same with another tv and another google account, but no success. Any idea what else to try?