No compatible streams are currently available error after emby update

captainchadl

MRobi
11 hours ago, msauve said:

PreviousServer.PNG

Based on this, your emby jail is still FreeBSD 11 based. So if you updated using the plugin on TrueNAS you now likely have a FreeBSD 12 version of emby installed in a FreeBSD11 jail which is not compatible. 

2 methods I can think of here....

You can either upgrade the jail version to FreeBSD12 or re-install a FreeBSD11 version of emby on top of the current version. Personally, I'd upgrade the jail version since it'll be more future proof for you. You should be able to do that right through the GUI now

msauve
4 minutes ago, MRobi said:

Based on this, your emby jail is still FreeBSD 11 based. So if you updated using the plugin on TrueNAS you now likely have a FreeBSD 12 version of emby installed in a FreeBSD11 jail which is not compatible. 

2 methods I can think of here....

You can either upgrade the jail version to FreeBSD12 or re-install a FreeBSD11 version of emby on top of the current version. Personally, I'd upgrade the jail version since it'll be more future proof for you. You should be able to do that right through the GUI now

Are you able to guide me through the process of updating my jail because for now on I can’t even start my other Emby server. Is there a way to take the configuration as well as my watched media and transposed it to my new server? 

Of course the best would be to be able to start back my other server that was running on FreeNas and upgrade it.

I’m looking forward for your help :) 

Best regards

MRobi
2 minutes ago, msauve said:

Are you able to guide me through the process of updating my jail because for now on I can’t even start my other Emby server. Is there a way to take the configuration as well as my watched media and transposed it to my new server? 

Of course the best would be to be able to start back my other server that was running on FreeNas and upgrade it.

I’m looking forward for your help :)

Best regards

From the shell, the command is iocage upgrade -r  12.1-RELEASE jailname (replacing jailname with whatever your jail is named).

From the GUI I'm not too sure since I've shut down my TrueNAS I can't go check, It should be under jails, then either the 3 dots or an update/upgrade button.

As for simply loading your data from 1 instance to another, I always recommend emby premier since it allows daily backups which makes this process real simple. Otherwise you can do it manually transferring the config files which should be at /var/db/emby-server This transfers all the thumbnails and such so it takes a LONG time. And even better approach is to house your config folders for all your jails in storage outside of the jail and mount it to the proper location when you create the jail. This will let you destroy a jail if things go wrong and start a new one from scratch without ever losing any settings.

msauve
6 minutes ago, MRobi said:

From the shell, the command is iocage upgrade -r  12.1-RELEASE jailname (replacing jailname with whatever your jail is named).

From the GUI I'm not too sure since I've shut down my TrueNAS I can't go check, It should be under jails, then either the 3 dots or an update/upgrade button.

As for simply loading your data from 1 instance to another, I always recommend emby premier since it allows daily backups which makes this process real simple. Otherwise you can do it manually transferring the config files which should be at /var/db/emby-server This transfers all the thumbnails and such so it takes a LONG time. And even better approach is to house your config folders for all your jails in storage outside of the jail and mount it to the proper location when you create the jail. This will let you destroy a jail if things go wrong and start a new one from scratch without ever losing any settings.

My first jail I can’t use the sell because I can’t make it up and running except is there’s a way? :( 

Are you able to guide me through the process of transferring my jails configuration files to an external storage and make this external storage point to my different jail?

Thanks again MRobi for your help! It’s highly appreciated!

MRobi
1 hour ago, msauve said:

My first jail I can’t use the sell because I can’t make it up and running except is there’s a way? :( 

Are you able to guide me through the process of transferring my jails configuration files to an external storage and make this external storage point to my different jail?

Thanks again MRobi for your help! It’s highly appreciated!

You access shell right from the main page of TrueNAS. You can also use a program like putty. To upgrade the jail you do this from the base OS shell not from inside the jail shell.

For transferring to an external backup drive, I use winSCP for things like that. You connect to your TrueNAS server via the ip, navigate to the emby directory on the right hand side, your external storage on the left hand side and then just drag the folder you want to copy from one side to the other. 

msauve
9 minutes ago, MRobi said:

You access shell right from the main page of TrueNAS. You can also use a program like putty. To upgrade the jail you do this from the base OS shell not from inside the jail shell.

For transferring to an external backup drive, I use winSCP for things like that. You connect to your TrueNAS server via the ip, navigate to the emby directory on the right hand side, your external storage on the left hand side and then just drag the folder you want to copy from one side to the other. 

Ok I’ll try this and let you know the results.

If I understand well, I’ll be using the TrueNas base OS shell and write the command line that you provided me earlier?

Also, will it work even if I’m getting an error message when I try to use the UPDATE button in the jail section ?

Again thanks for you help MRobi :) 

826519FE-9D8A-4E77-8818-506D13723273.jpeg

MRobi
9 hours ago, Luke said:

@MRobi have you seen that message before?

On 29/03/2021 at 12:04, MRobi said:

The jail needs to be upgraded before updating.

msauve
33 minutes ago, MRobi said:

The jail needs to be upgraded before updating.

Yes saw this message, but still got the error message :( 

MRobi
17 hours ago, msauve said:

Yes saw this message, but still got the error message :( 

Did you run the upgrade command from shell? Because the error message you're posting is in the GUI. 

msauve
40 minutes ago, MRobi said:

Did you run the upgrade command from shell? Because the error message you're posting is in the GUI. 

What do you mean the shell ?? I’ve tried to run it directly from the FreeNas Shell as well as from the jail one and same. Always got an error :( 

MRobi
5 minutes ago, msauve said:

What do you mean the shell ?? I’ve tried to run it directly from the FreeNas Shell as well as from the jail one and same. Always got an error :( 

In TrueNAS on the left hand side it says "Shell". You need to run it in there. What error are you getting?

msauve
1 hour ago, MRobi said:

In TrueNAS on the left hand side it says "Shell". You need to run it in there. What error are you getting?

I’ll be joining you the shell error message:( 

Thanks for your help :) 

image.jpg

MRobi
4 hours ago, msauve said:

I’ll be joining you the shell error message:( 

Thanks for your help :) 

image.jpg

That's saying your host OS is still on 11.3. Are you 100% positive the TrueNAS update completed? Like you see the new naming and such when you sign on?

From the shell try running

iocage update all

and then run the iocage upgrade command to upgrade the emby jail. 

• Like 1

msauve
36 minutes ago, MRobi said:

That's saying your host OS is still on 11.3. Are you 100% positive the TrueNAS update completed? Like you see the new naming and such when you sign on?

From the shell try running

iocage update all

and then run the iocage upgrade command to upgrade the emby jail. 

I’ll be checking this tomorrow ;) Is the jail and plug-in needs to be up and running to be able to upgrade the jail? Because if yea, I can’t get it start on the TrueNas.

Again thanks for the help :) 

MRobi
9 hours ago, msauve said:

I’ll be checking this tomorrow ;) Is the jail and plug-in needs to be up and running to be able to upgrade the jail? Because if yea, I can’t get it start on the TrueNas.

No it doesn't need to be running

On 4/1/2021 at 10:37 PM, msauve said:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Baenwort

So this issue is showing up multiple times here and at the TrueNAS forums.

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/emby-plugin-no-playback-error.71961/

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/emby-new-movies-not-playable-after-upgrade-to-truenas-12.92303/

and here at: 

and 

and 

Can I get a answer from the Emby Dev team @Luke or @Happy2Play about putting ffmpeg pkg back into the plug-in creation json?  

On 4/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, Baenwort said:

So this issue is showing up multiple times here and at the TrueNAS forums.

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/emby-plugin-no-playback-error.71961/

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/emby-new-movies-not-playable-after-upgrade-to-truenas-12.92303/

and here at: 

and 

and 

Can I get a answer from the Emby Dev team @Luke or @Happy2Play about putting ffmpeg pkg back into the plug-in creation json?  

Yes, your assessment looks correct. In the meantime, our unofficial plugin can be used: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/iocage-amd64

• 1 month later...
gaudenzio

Hi all,

I just wanted to share this pretty straightforward method, that worked for me like a charm. (Truenas 12.0 Release)

Step 1.

From Truenas GUI, create an empty Jail version 12.2 with the default settings

Step 2. 

Start the jail and open the shell from the Truenas GUI. It will open a shell with the root user.

Step 3. 

Install emby with the given instructions for Freebsd 12.

https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html

In my case, i used the version 4.6.0.50, so the correct filename to use should be "emby-server-freebsd12_4.6.0.50_amd64.txz". I suggest to check if there's a newer version.

It works perfectly in my Truenas system without any ffprobe/ffmpeg error.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2021 at 4:28 AM, gaudenzio said:

Hi all,

I just wanted to share this pretty straightforward method, that worked for me like a charm. (Truenas 12.0 Release)

Step 1.

Step 2. 

Start the jail and open the shell from the Truenas GUI. It will open a shell with the root user.

Step 3. 

In my case, i used the version 4.6.0.50, so the correct filename to use should be "emby-server-freebsd12_4.6.0.50_amd64.txz". I suggest to check if there's a newer version.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback !

msauve
On 21/05/2021 at 04:28, gaudenzio said:

Hi all,

Step 1.

Step 2. 

Step 3. 

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback !

Hi guys,

I’ve followed the procedure of Gaudenzio regarding the manual installation of the new version of Emby on my TrueNas server and it worked like a charm. 😉😎🥳

Thanks again Gaudenzio for your share. Really appreciated.

Max :) 

• 2 years later...