Playback error

M3th0s

• 1 month later...
M3th0s

Hello again

Think I might've found a way to reproduce this.

This has been happening everytime I watch a file then leave it halfway through.

If I try and access that file again via the dashboard, I get the spinning circle without playing the file. If I try and play the file from the beginning, it'll give me the "no compatible streams found" error. It doesn't even matter if there are multiple files for the same movie/show, all of them error out.

Luke could you try and reproduce this? I can even send you a file for testing.

Kind regards

M3th0s

Tested some more and it seems leaving the file halfway, or part played always generates this error.

Could someone please verify? I've just tested with a different file and it does the same thing...

EDIT. Marking the file as played/unplayed seems to fix the issue. Luke could you still look into this as this way you can't seem to leave something halfway through and pick it up where you left off? As before I can provide you files for testing as mainly watching anime at the moment.

Edited by M3th0s

M3th0s
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you updated to Emby Server 4.4.3?

Hi Luke

Yes, this is using the latest version.

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

I might be looking at the wrong information. The last PM of log files i have from you is May 2 where you said that refreshing metadata resolved it. Would you mind providing new log file examples from 4.4.3? That's server + ffmpeg. Thanks.

M3th0s

Hi Luke

If you recall, the logs didn't show anything as we've been over them a few times.

I've reproduced this error a number of times though and just given you the necessary steps to do so.

Can you let me know if you also experience the same issue your end by doing the same?

Thanks in advance