Playback error

M3th0s

M3th0s

Image attached.

This is chrome, via organizr (however going through the emby web app produces the same result). Phone also doesn't play anything.

5e7e0add688f2_Annotation20200327141604.p

Right now i have no ideas as I don't see any obvious problems for us to look at.

I would suggest comparing your reverse proxy configuration to that of @@pir8radio

gabbo126

Hi. I'm joining this thread because I'm facing the same error message (see screenshot). This happens with every file in my library that I try to play from my desktop browser. Using android app I get an infinite loading loop. I updated today to version 4.4.1.0 but nothing changed. Here are the most recent logs.

emby.png?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA25

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-3cde217b-3071-4d4c-916d-dd425b75a240_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-25f40c34-9c3c-4478-a054-1ea6976bc11a_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-fe1c9d89-0c42-45a9-a5af-673a00736268_1.txt

Looks the server is being denied access to your file:

11:57:41.448 /mnt/4fb3620b-432a-42ad-9416-d863962eea40/Video/Film/American Hustle - L'apparenza inganna (2013).mp4: Permission denied

gabbo126

Looks the server is being denied access to your file:

11:57:41.448 /mnt/4fb3620b-432a-42ad-9416-d863962eea40/Video/Film/American Hustle - L'apparenza inganna (2013).mp4: Permission denied

I would suggest taking a look at our file permissions guide:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32218-file-permissions-guide-for-new-linux-users

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

I checked permission with ls -l and this was the output:

-rwxrw-r-- 1 dietpi dietpi 1590379776 Sep 19  2019 'American Hustle - L'\''apparenza inganna (2013).mp4'

In this case, the read permission shouldn't be granted to every user?

In this case, the read permission shouldn't be granted to every user?

This permission is not related to emby users, it's related to users on the local machine. When you install Emby Server, we create a user called "emby" on the machine, and this user needs to have permission to the files. Please let us k now if this helps. Thanks !

gabbo126

This permission is not related to emby users, it's related to users on the local machine. When you install Emby Server, we create a user called "emby" on the machine, and this user needs to have permission to the files. Please let us k now if this helps. Thanks !

Ok, that's clear. But according to linux permission handling, the read permission ® in my case is granted not only to the owner (first set of characters), but also to the group (second set) and to the rest of the users (third set). So how is possible that access to that file is denied for emby? What I'm missing?

did you make sure the permissions are applied recursively? it's always possible that they are set on a top level folder, but then there's a node somewhere underneath with it's own permission set.

gabbo126

did you make sure the permissions are applied recursively? it's always possible that they are set on a top level folder, but then there's a node somewhere underneath with it's own permission set.

Yes I applied chmod -R to the main folder so that every media file has the same permission of the example I provided above.