Issues resuming a playing item after shutting off the screen for a while.

Karl Blixt

Karl Blixt

Hi I have a OP3T and when I unlock the phone and wanting to resume a movie that I were watching when I locked the phone the movie freezes, it doesn't even play the media that it buffered before locking it. When pressing play it nothing simply happen. Now, sometimes the movie eventually resumes but it could take anything from 10-60 seconds and at that point I've usually just closed down the movie and resumed it from the library.

However if I remember to be patient and wait for 5-10 seconds before pressing play after unlocking the phone the movie resumes quicker more reliably. But again, it's just quicker to shut the stream off and resume from the library.

I can replicate this 100% of the time:

1. Start playing a movie on a cell connection, wait a minute or so.

2. Press the power button to lock the phone.

3. Wait a few seconds. (it seems to me that the longer I wait here the more severe the issue is)

4. Unlock the phone and press play.

5. Either one of two things happens, either the play button becomes a pause button and the movie resumes eventually or it remains a play button no matter how manny times you press it and it will never resume.

This is a minor annoyance. Just thought to ask if others have this issue and to inform developers of the issue.

Edited by Karl Blixt

• 5 months later...