Gamebrowser III & Xpadder

porkbone
Go to solution Solved by shaefurr,

porkbone

I recently installed Need For Speed World only to find it doesn't work with a gamepad (Xbox 360).  I setup Xpadder to map the keys to the Xbox 360 controller and now it works great, but the problem is if Xpadder is running in the background, it messes up the controller configs for most of my other games.  Is there a way for Gamebrowser III to launch an xpadder profile I made for this game and to close Xpadder when I close the game?  Been looking online at the forums for NFS World, Xpadder and here and not having any luck yet.  I'm hoping someone knows how to do this, or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

• Solution
shaefurr

All you need to do is make xpadders default profile blank with no assigned buttons. Then make a new profile for NFS world and set the autoprofile for NFS.

This way when you open NFS world it loads up the profile, when it closes it defaults back to the blank profile and wont mess anything up. I have my setup like this for about 25 games so I know it works just fine.

If you need more step by step on how to do it let me know.

• Like 1

porkbone

Thanks shaefurr, that is just what I'm looking for!  But i might need a little help.  I tried to do what you suggested, but it didn't work due to me not completely understanding how to setup a blank default.  I thought I had done that and set the autoprofile for the nfs world exe, but no response. I guess I will need a little hand holding on this one.  Thanks for your time

porkbone

Never mind shaefurr, I figured it out.  Thanks for your help - It's greatly appreciated!

Works perfect!

buddyweiser

This is awesome. I quit using xpadder because I couldn't figure out how to properly configure the controls to work with different apps. I will definitely have to take another look at it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

shaefurr

Ya, its actually easy to setup, make a new profile and set the controls for whatever youre playing, save it. Then go into the autoprofile, Click New, Choose the profile you want to load, then choose a program/game, done. When that game opens it loads the profile you selected, then reverts back to the default when you exit.

buddyweiser

Ya, its actually easy to setup, make a new profile and set the controls for whatever youre playing, save it. Then go into the autoprofile, Click New, Choose the profile you want to load, then choose a program/game, done. When that game opens it loads the profile you selected, then reverts back to the default when you exit.

So right now I'm trying to setup a basic windows control profile (under set #1 renamed Default), and I want different controls for MBT/MBC, do I put these controls in set#2? or do I need to make a whole new profile? :wacko:

shaefurr

Honestly i havnt used the "sets" since they added them a while back. I just click the little sheet icon next to the profile name, click new, set it up however you want, save it, then create the auto profile for MBT/MBC.

shaefurr

no clue lol, had mine setup like this forever so never bothered to check :P

buddyweiser

So I got this all setup with auto profile launching for MBC and emulators and it's awesome. But I have a quick question. Does it work with multiple controllers ie 2player games? Like for donkey Kong country if I wanted to setup 2 controllers, would that work?

shaefurr

I havnt tried it, the only games I play when friends come over is games that natively support a controller.

shaefurr

So I got this all setup with auto profile launching for MBC and emulators and it's awesome. But I have a quick question. Does it work with multiple controllers ie 2player games? Like for donkey Kong country if I wanted to setup 2 controllers, would that work?

Ok so I finally setup my xpadder again, yeah you can use 2 controllers with xpadder. Basically when you open a game and have the autoprofile setup, it assigns the 1st controller to that profile. So to have 2 controllers, you need 2 entries in the auto profile (1 for each controller).

So say for Donkey Kong, after you have the button profile setup, make the auto profile as usual, just do it twice. Haven't tried this but its what it says on the xpadder forum.

Also, I looked into the "sets". Basically when you normally setup a button profile youre using set 1. If you have a game that needs more buttons than whats on your controller, you can assign more buttons in say, Set 2. Then somewhere on set 1 you just need to assign a button (either a press, or HOLD) to change/pull up set 2. This ive used before I just forgot since its been a while.

If you need any more help i can post pics and step by step instructions, just let me know.

buddyweiser

Ok so I finally setup my xpadder again, yeah you can use 2 controllers with xpadder. Basically when you open a game and have the autoprofile setup, it assigns the 1st controller to that profile. So to have 2 controllers, you need 2 entries in the auto profile (1 for each controller).

So say for Donkey Kong, after you have the button profile setup, make the auto profile as usual, just do it twice. Haven't tried this but its what it says on the xpadder forum.

Also, I looked into the "sets". Basically when you normally setup a button profile youre using set 1. If you have a game that needs more buttons than whats on your controller, you can assign more buttons in say, Set 2. Then somewhere on set 1 you just need to assign a button (either a press, or HOLD) to change/pull up set 2. This ive used before I just forgot since its been a while.

If you need any more help i can post pics and step by step instructions, just let me know.

Ill definitely have to have a look at this when i get home, i want to setup second sets for game saves and loads.

shaefurr

Ok @@shaefurr, I'm having trouble figuring out how to make a button change sets :wacko:

Ok its actually pretty simple.

Pick or create a new profile, then..

Set up Set 1

53c00b4179ccc_set1.jpg

Set up Set 2

53c00af5f385b_Set2.jpg

Then go back to Set 1, choose a button to pull up Set 2, right click on the button and do as seen in the pic.

53c00b8c2d40e_set1a.jpg

In this example, whenever you hold the "back" button, Set 2 will be active, releasing it reverts back to Set 1. You can also make it a "1-way" which will switch to Set 2 on button press, and not revert back. Or a "2-way" which will be a button press change from Set 1 to Set 2, and so forth. You can use this method for up to 8 sets per profile, though id imagine that would get confusing as hell :P

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Ok its actually pretty simple.

Pick or create a new profile, then..

Set up Set 1

53c00b4179ccc_set1.jpg

Set up Set 2

53c00af5f385b_Set2.jpg

Then go back to Set 1, choose a button to pull up Set 2, right click on the button and do as seen in the pic.

53c00b8c2d40e_set1a.jpg

In this example, whenever you hold the "back" button, Set 2 will be active, releasing it reverts back to Set 1. You can also make it a "1-way" which will switch to Set 2 on button press, and not revert back. Or a "2-way" which will be a button press change from Set 1 to Set 2, and so forth. You can use this method for up to 8 sets per profile, though id imagine that would get confusing as hell :P

That's so simple I can't believe I didn't see the set selector :unsure: This is awesome @@shaefurr, Thanks so much!!

• Like 1