• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guo01emby OFFLINE  

Guo01emby

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:42 AM

I am a new user in emby. 

Before this topic, I have read two classic ssl setup methods here. But I find that both methods all need domain for it.

If my wlan's IP is fix or I have Asus router's DDNS service, does it have other simple way to setup ssl connect ?

#2 Q-Droid OFFLINE  

Q-Droid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Local time: 12:20 AM

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:49 AM

CAs issue certificates for domains. IF (big IF) you want a CA to include IP then you have to prove you OWN and CONTROL that IP (think Cloudflare 1.1.1.1). So no, you will not get a commercial CA to issue a cert for your fixed IP. You need one for your domain, free or paid.

ASUS DDNS should work for you. Some ASUS routers have built-in provisioning and renewal of LetsEncrypt certs. If yours does then you can follow this option:

https://emby.media/c...erver/?p=823503

If your router does not have LetsEncrypt support then you have to follow the normal paths to get the cert.

• Guo01emby likes this

#3 Guo01emby OFFLINE  

Guo01emby

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:56 AM

CAs issue certificates for domains. IF (big IF) you want a CA to include IP then you have to prove you OWN and CONTROL that IP (think Cloudflare 1.1.1.1). So no, you will not get a commercial CA to issue a cert for your fixed IP. You need one for your domain, free or paid.

ASUS DDNS should work for you. Some ASUS routers have built-in provisioning and renewal of LetsEncrypt certs. If yours does then you can follow this option:

https://emby.media/c...erver/?p=823503

If your router does not have LetsEncrypt support then you have to follow the normal paths to get the cert.

Thank you for your words. It's help me a lot. I will try your suggest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users