Chapter playback

Roland.Stranneborn

Roland.Stranneborn

Because chapters and thumbnail images are two completely separate things. It just so happens that one of the options for how often to create thumbnail images is "on the chapter points".

I agree thumbnails and chapters are separate things. But that begs the question why has Emby "hidden" chapter creation under thumbnail creation?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I agree thumbnails and chapters are separate things. But that begs the question why has Emby "hidden" chapter creation under thumbnail creation?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

When you select the thumbnails we use the same source of images for both features, to avoid having to create two sets of images.

Roland.Stranneborn

Would something like this be perhaps easier to understand for the users in the Library Settings, even if Advanced isn't selected:

- Chapter Markers: Yes/No switch, default: Yes. Only videos with chapter markers would get thumbnails, not the others

- Thumbnail Images: Yes/No, default: No. If the user clicks Yes, then show the  selection of Intervals, remove Chapter markers from that list

Just an idea.

But that begs the question why has Emby "hidden" chapter creation under thumbnail creation?

We don't but I understand why you would think that.

The chapter points are always created and were always there for you too.  However, the web app does not show chapters unless you have images for them.  So you thought the chapters didn't get "created" until after the images were.