Incorrect Metadata for Stephen King's It (1990)

kubev

Ok well we'd have to look at the server log from the import, without that we're only guessing here.

wakeboarder141
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok well we'd have to look at the server log from the import, without that we're only guessing here.

I posted that in my other topic

wakeboarder141
1 minute ago, Luke said:

I don't believe that's the log from when it was imported. It contains no occurrences of

It (19

What can I do to force it to happen?  Should I change it to TV and back again?

wakeboarder141
1 minute ago, Luke said:

I thought this was a movie?

It is a movie, but since most info providers list it as a Mini series it is tricky to get it to identify properly.  I have a version of the same movie in my 4k library that I was able to identify as a movie properly, but I can't seem to get this 1080p version in this library to identify, and now it is missing entirely after trying.

I would just use the identify feature with the moviedb id. If you try searching for the title on the moviedb website, you can see "It" is a difficult word to search on. Just look at the results.

wakeboarder141
Just now, Luke said:

I would just use the identify feature with the moviedb id. If you try searching for the title on the moviedb website, you can see "It" is a difficult word to search on. Just look at the results.

I have tried that without luck, and now I can't find the movie at all.

Just now, wakeboarder141 said:

I have tried that without luck, and now I can't find the movie at all.

That should work just fine, so please:

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

I thought this was a movie?

It is a movie, but since most info providers list it as a Mini series it is tricky to get it to identify properly.  I have a version of the same movie in my 4k library that I was able to identify as a movie properly, but I can't seem to get this 1080p version in this library to identify, and now it is missing entirely after trying.

Yeah, this is specifically the problem I have with how it's listed in the databases. I understand that it's TECHNICALLY a TV miniseries, but you wouldn't know that if you happened to pick up the Blu-ray of it, as it's edited to resemble a movie. I think it's kind of silly to treat Stephen King's It as a TV miniseries on a technicality, especially when most of the TV-specific features in various media software packages would be completely lost on Stephen King's It.

wakeboarder141
1 minute ago, Luke said:

That should work just fine, so please:

Sorry, are you just saying I should create a new post or is there some information I need to provide that I haven't?

1 minute ago, wakeboarder141 said:

Sorry, are you just saying I should create a new post or is there some information I need to provide that I haven't?

I'm saying identifying using provider id works just fine no matter what the title is. So find the Id of the movie on moviedb. If it's a tv series on moviedb, then yes that will be tricky.

wakeboarder141
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm saying identifying using provider id works just fine no matter what the title is. So find the Id of the movie on moviedb. If it's a tv series on moviedb, then yes that will be tricky.

What should I do with the ID?  There is no longer an unidentified movie in my library for me to edit. 

Well if you're all set now then perhaps there's nothing to do. If it's the wrong title then use the Identify feature.

wakeboarder141
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Well if you're all set now then perhaps there's nothing to do. If it's the wrong title then use the Identify feature.

Sorry, I think I have made this confusing.  I cannot identify the movie because it is totally missing from the library. It used to be unidentified, but now it is just gone. 

wakeboarder141

Cayars was talking about making an executable to search in SQL for it so maybe we just need to pursue that option?

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Luke said:

As already mentioned this is not a Movie according to TVDB and TMDB.  It is in their \tv database.  Only OMDB had this as a movie and All you have to do have OMDB enable, Identify with imdbid tt0099864.

2021-01-27 15:50:44.455 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/find/tt0099864?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&external_source=imdb_id
2021-01-27 15:50:44.547 Info HttpClient: GET https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&plot=full&r=json&i=tt0099864

If in TV you get TV TMDB results if in Movies you will get OMDB results.  So it is a matter of whether you have a single file or the two part mini-series.

You have options as already shown in this topic.  I have not issue using previous instructions.

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

As already mentioned this is not a Movie according to TVDB and TMDB.  It is in their \tv database.  Only OMDB had this as a movie and All you have to do have OMDB enable, Identify with imdbid tt0099864.

2021-01-27 15:50:44.455 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/find/tt0099864?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&external_source=imdb_id
2021-01-27 15:50:44.547 Info HttpClient: GET https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&plot=full&r=json&i=tt0099864

If in TV you get TV TMDB results if in Movies you will get OMDB results.  So it is a matter of whether you have a single file or the two part mini-series.

You have options as already shown in this topic.  I have not issue using previous instructions.

Ah yes thanks for reminding about that as I had forgotten.

wakeboarder141
18 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I tried running a scan with just OMDB enabled.  Unfortunately I must be doing something wrong as I was not able to get it to correctly identify and now I can't locate the movie at all. 

Happy2Play

I tried running a scan with just OMDB enabled.  Unfortunately I must be doing something wrong as I was not able to get it to correctly identify and now I can't locate the movie at all. 

This has nothing to do with a scan but I guess it could if you only have OMDB enabled and the folder name was IT (1990) [imdbid=tt0099864].

2021-01-27 16:22:07.058 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\IT (1990) [imdbid=tt0099864]\IT (1990).strm
2021-01-27 16:22:07.063 Debug App: Running MovieNfoProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\IT (1990) [imdbid=tt0099864]\IT (1990).strm
2021-01-27 16:22:07.063 Debug App: MovieNfoProvider returned no metadata for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\IT (1990) [imdbid=tt0099864]\IT (1990).strm
2021-01-27 16:22:07.063 Debug App: Running MovieXmlProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\IT (1990) [imdbid=tt0099864]\IT (1990).strm
2021-01-27 16:22:07.063 Debug App: MovieXmlProvider will fetch xml from C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\IT (1990) [imdbid=tt0099864]\IT (1990).xml
2021-01-27 16:22:07.064 Debug App: MovieXmlProvider returned no metadata for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\IT (1990) [imdbid=tt0099864]\IT (1990).strm
2021-01-27 16:22:07.064 Debug App: Running OmdbItemProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\IT (1990) [imdbid=tt0099864]\IT (1990).strm
2021-01-27 16:22:07.070 Info HttpClient: GET https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&i=tt0099864&plot=short&tomatoes=true&r=json

But it is obviously in your library identified as something else so you have to Re-identify with tt0099864.

seanbuff
14 minutes ago, wakeboarder141 said:

now I can't locate the movie at all. 

@wakeboarder141 as Happy previously pointed out, try searching your library for 'Fade to Black' which is the "movie" with the same ID on TMDB. It may have been identified as that for now.

• Like 1

wakeboarder141

Is that from my log?  I don't recognize that file path.  I'm not sure how to locate it, but I will keep looking to see if it just got identified as something else in the library. 

wakeboarder141
3 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

@wakeboarder141 as Happy previously pointed out, try searching your library for 'Fade to Black' which is the "movie" with the same ID on TMDB. It may have been identified as that for now.

That gives me somewhere to start.  Thanks. 

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, wakeboarder141 said:

Is that from my log?  I don't recognize that file path.  I'm not sure how to locate it, but I will keep looking to see if it just got identified as something else in the library. 

No that was my log showing it being scanned in properly with the requirements I listed.

But seanbuff should be correct assuming that is what it was misidentified as.

wakeboarder141
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

No that was my log showing it being scanned in properly with the requirements I listed.

But seanbuff should be correct assuming that is what it was misidentified as.

No luck with Fade to Black so I will keep looking.