Incorrect Metadata for Stephen King's It (1990)

kubev

For some reason, for me, Stephen King's It (1990) is detected as Pet Sematary (1989), regardless of whether I use TheMovieDb or The Open Movie Database as the source for metadata. Is there a way to force a specific movie to use a specific IMDb ID? If not, then how can I view the information associated with the correct ID so I can manually edit the .nfo to include it, assuming there isn't a quicker way of doing this? I'm using both Emby Server and Emby Theater on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

FYI, I've since tried inputting the IDs for the various metadata sources, and it just gets worse. (The reason the poster image matches is because I inserted one manually.)

49548922437_263f96d37d_k.jpg

Edited by kubev

Hi.  Exactly how is the media structured?  Is there an nfo file with it?

If you use the identify feature and enter the ID it still does not find it?

Hi.  Exactly how is the media structured?  Is there an nfo file with it?

If you use the identify feature and enter the ID it still does not find it?

It has the same folder structure as the other movies in my collection. Basically, it's D > Movies > Stephen King's It (1990) > Stephen King's It (1990).mkv. It has a .nfo file, and I've tried just including the respective database IDs to see if it'll pull the rest of the info. After doing some thinking on the matter, I believe Emby is thrown off by the fact that Stephen King's It is technically a TV mini-series. It's probably grabbing the appropriate code, but from a movie database instead of a TV database. Thing is, Stephen King's It aired as (I believe) a two-part TV miniseries originally, but its Blu-ray and DVD releases all feature different edits that basically make it into a movie (omitting the references to separate parts at the break). Is there any way to force Emby to instead pull the TV information while still leaving Stephen King's It in the movies section of my Emby installation?

Just tried the Identify feature. It brings up three other Stephen King movies, but not It.

EDIT: Oh, update. I searched by IMDb ID, and it totally brings up Stephen King's It in the results. When I choose it, though, it populates everything with info from Jay-Z Fade to Black's information.

Edited by kubev

Happy2Play

Mini-Series are a issue as they are classified a TV not a movie.

If using IMDBid you would be pulling the correct info from ODMB, at least in my test.  But you may be getting some provider mismatch info though.

TMDB list it as TV so (19614) has two values TV and Movie depending on how it is queried and Emby does by library content type.

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/19614
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/19614

As a Movie query you get "Fade to Black" for that ID.

You can not have something that is TV in Movie content do to this query limitation.  

You may have to manually fix issues like this and LOCK the metadata.

Mini-Series are a issue as they are classified a TV not a movie.

If using IMDBid you would be pulling the correct info from ODMB, at least in my test.  But you may be getting some provider mismatch info though.

TMDB list it as TV so (19614) has two values TV and Movie depending on how it is queried and Emby does by library content type.

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/19614
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/19614

As a Movie query you get "Fade to Black" for that ID.

You can not have something that is TV in Movie content do to this query limitation.  

You may have to manually fix issues like this and LOCK the metadata.

I had a feeling that was the issue, but it's so weird that the IMDb ID brings up the proper item but populates the fields with the other movie's content. I'll just input the details I care about and lock the item. Thanks for looking into this!

Happy2Play

You would have to look at the queries in the log, but I am pretty sure it is do to the TMDB issue above.  

You could temporarily disable TMDB as a provider on the library and identify the item again, then lock the metadata and re-enable TMDB.

You would have to look at the queries in the log, but I am pretty sure it is do to the TMDB issue above.  

You could temporarily disable TMDB as a provider on the library and identify the item again, then lock the metadata and re-enable TMDB.

I just tried that, but I end up with the same issue in that the search result for the IMDb ID shows that I'm getting Stephen King's It as far as metadata goes, but it still fetched the information for the other aforementioned movie. Really strange.

For me it works as TV Series:

5e4afcc38126b_Capturadepantalla20200217a

This is my folder structure:

5e4afd2b06fde_Capturadepantalla20200217a

Yeah, I figured that it'd work that way, but I want it to be among my other movies, as I like to put them on shuffle regularly. I know it might make sense on some level for it to be sorted into TV, but it's released more so as a movie, since it's basically edited into one long episode (instead of the two that it originally aired in). I've just manually inputted some of the info and locked the movie to ensure that it doesn't change. I've considered just putting all of my movies in at home movies and just letting it generate thumbnails, but I do prefer the way movies are displayed.

Edited by kubev

Happy2Play

I did not have this on my test machine so I added it to a library that only had OMDB enable for metadata.  The movie was added unidentified.  I used Identify and entered "tt0099864" for IMDBid and selected the only returned option.

5e4b105e6b15c_id1.jpg

5e4b106fdd761_id2.jpg

5e4b10d53d5a0_id.jpg

I did not have this on my test machine so I added it to a library that only had OMDB enable for metadata.  The movie was added unidentified.  I used Identify and entered "tt0099864" for IMDBid and selected the only returned option.

5e4b105e6b15c_id1.jpg

5e4b106fdd761_id2.jpg

5e4b10d53d5a0_id.jpg

Not sure if this made the difference or what, but I'd previously disabled everything except OMDb, but only in the regular settings. After reading your post, I went into the settings again and showed the advanced settings, then disabled everything except OMDb in the lower section. I then removed all of the metadata (except for the title) and used Identify with the IMDb ID, and it totally worked properly this time. Since I now have the information I need but prefer the results that I get from the other database service, I'm locking Stephen King's It to ensure that it doesn't get swapped again. Thanks for the help!

• Like 2

Cthalpa

TV-Miniseries (in this case 2 parts) will never be a full feature film title.

Emby is handling this correctly, and this title will be discovered if placed in a TV-Show library.

TV-Miniseries (in this case 2 parts) will never be a full feature film title.

Emby is handling this correctly, and this title will be discovered if placed in a TV-Show library.

The main issue is TMDB uses the same id numbers in both TV and Movie, so one id has different results depending on type queried.

It is odd TVDB has it as a movie though.

https://www.thetvdb.com/movies/it-1990

I totally understand that it originally aired as a TV miniseries, but it's edited as a movie in its Blu-ray and DVD releases. I think TVDB's handling makes more sense, as the two parts are technically edited together to resemble a movie format, even removing references to each separate "part" from the original airing. My issue with putting it in with the TV shows is that I'd never watch this in the way that I watch TV. It doesn't have episodes, so the TV-specific functionality of Emby and other media software is kind of lost on Stephen King's It as a result of how it's edited. That said, I really just wish the various media databases just all gave each movie/show a unique ID without any sort of overlap between movies and TV.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Not to Necro this but in case anyone else has this problem. Put it in its own folder in your TV library, ID it, lock the metadata then transfer that folder to your movies library and rescan the library. Shows up fine.

36 minutes ago, Seikoh said:

Not to Necro this but in case anyone else has this problem. Put it in its own folder in your TV library, ID it, lock the metadata then transfer that folder to your movies library and rescan the library. Shows up fine.

Hi, it's not necessary to lock it, but thanks for the feedback !

• 1 month later...
wakeboarder141
On 12/15/2020 at 5:33 PM, Seikoh said:

For some reason I can't even get it to work using this method.  It ID's fine in my TV library, but won't show back up in Movies after I transfer it over and run a scan.

On 1/26/2021 at 9:25 AM, wakeboarder141 said:

For some reason I can't even get it to work using this method.  It ID's fine in my TV library, but won't show back up in Movies after I transfer it over and run a scan.

What happens when you try?

wakeboarder141
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

What happens when you try?

I move the folder "It (1990)" with matching filename to my TV folder and the TV library picks it up as something like "Scoop" but had the correct picture.  I manually identify it and the Metadata changes to the correct info.  I then move that folder back to my movies directory and run a library scan.  The TV show dissapears, but I can't find the movie in the movie library anywhere even after multiple scans. 

6 minutes ago, wakeboarder141 said:

I move the folder "It (1990)" with matching filename to my TV folder and the TV library picks it up as something like "Scoop" but had the correct picture.  I manually identify it and the Metadata changes to the correct info.  I then move that folder back to my movies directory and run a library scan.  The TV show dissapears, but I can't find the movie in the movie library anywhere even after multiple scans. 

What movie metadata fetchers are enabled on your library and in what order?

wakeboarder141
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

What movie metadata fetchers are enabled on your library and in what order?

I tried with just OMDB enabled as well as with all of them enabled, but I don't recall the exact order as I'm away right now. 

I would put moviedb first and try that. Also if you have an nfo file next to the video, check it's contents because the data could be coming from there.

wakeboarder141
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

I would put moviedb first and try that. Also if you have an nfo file next to the video, check it's contents because the data could be coming from there.

I am fairly certain tmdb was first, and I don't have them setup to use nfo files. 

Edited by wakeboarder141