Display album cover while playing music?

Invader115

Invader115

I don't know if this feature even exists, so it's possible this isn't the right subforum, but here goes.

When using the Emby app for Roku to play music, the screen will show a few useful things: playback controls, the upcoming tracks in the play queue, progress through the current track and -- most relevant to my question -- a large image of the current track's album cover. After around a minute, however, all these things will fade away and the screen will change to the artist's background image and some basic info on the album & track that's playing.

That's not bad, but I'm curious if it's possible to have the album art stay on the screen after the UI fade-away occurs. An adequate alternative would also be if there's a way to prevent the fade-away entirely.

It's a really minor thing but any input is appreciated!

• 1 month later...

On my Roku I don't get the album cover when it plays. Instead I get a random image from the Artist unrelated to the album. I also never got a screen saver Is there a way to set it to show the current album cover?

It sounds like you are describing the music "screen saver"...

When you first start to play, you should have a screen with the current album cover and a queue below of all the songs. Then, after 30 seconds or so of no remote activity, this will fade to a minimal display showing mostly an artist image and some text.