Metadata fetching question

totalhavoc

totalhavoc

I was a long time MediaBrowser 1+2 user but for last few years we have been using XBMC. I'm playing around with switching back to MediaBrowser and I just ran into a weird, maybe, issue?

So here goes:

I'm using fresh media files with no metadata that are separate from my XBMC installation for testing. 

Everything is setup and I have MediaBrowser grabbing and saving metadata using the default open movie then themoviedb fetchers. When grabbing data for Fast & Furious (2009) I noticed it did not populate the rating. I manually checked open movie, which lists pg-13. I then checked themoviedb which does not have a US release listed so no rating. It did have a hungarian release with a rating of HU-16 and when I checked the xml file sure enough hu-16 was listed. 

My question is:

Why did it not grab the rating from open movie when it has the correct rating? I tried disabling themoviedb to see if it would force open movie and no go.

I added the US release and rating to themoviedb but from experience this can take a few hours to push. 

Thanks,

Havoc

well i answered the question about hungarian in another thread.

about open movie database - it gets it's data from a combination of Imdb and Freebase. We try to use the fields we know it gets from Imdb, and ignore the stuff from freebase since the vast majority of people will prefer moviedb data.

totalhavoc

So rating is not something you pull from open movie? I would think rating would be provided by imdb but I could be wrong