Emby won't open

Beano525

Beano525

I have installed (multiple times) Emby  as per instructions on my iMac running the latest version of MacOS. However, I can't get it to open. It just does a "popping" animation from the screen, fades away and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Beano525

Hi, do you see the emby tray icon near the clock?

No,  there's no Emby icon in the menubar or no indication that it's actually open or running 

Beano525

How exactly did you install? What version of MacOS?

Downloaded the Mac version from emby.media/download, unzipped it and dragged it into the Applications folder like the instructions said. Mac version 10.15.3 (Catalina)

AZRichG

Try restarting your Mac, I *think* that happened to me recently and that fixed it.

Besides, restarts are pretty harmless, just take a bit of time. I'm on 10.15.3 so that is a substantial difference.

Beano525

Try restarting your Mac, I *think* that happened to me recently and that fixed it.

Besides, restarts are pretty harmless, just take a bit of time. I'm on 10.15.3 so that is a substantial difference.

Restarting didn't help either. I think I'll give up altogether as it's a mystery to why it won't work

Restarting didn't help either. I think I'll give up altogether as it's a mystery to why it won't work

When you try to run it, how are you doing that?

Emby runs fine here on 10.15.3, just had to use the right-click "Open" trick at first launch as documented in the install instructions.

Beano525

When you try to run it, how are you doing that?

So it appears the problem is with my Mac user account. Because when I created a new user and gave it admin rights as a test, I downloaded Emby and it opens no problem and the emby icon is in the menu bar. 

I don’t know what the problem is with my main mac user account as everything seems okay. Very strange 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
RoPe69

On my new Mac mini 2018 i5 6c with clean MacOS 10.15.4 EmbyServer 4.4.2.0 to not open with right klick, but it give this error massage "Du kannst das Programm „EmbyServer.app“ nicht öffnen, da es nicht reagiert."

When dry to delete EmbyServer.app I got this massage, Das Objekt „EmbyServer.app“ kann nicht in den Papierkorb gelegt werden, da es geöffnet ist.

No answer at http://localhost:8096, no Emby in TOP, no Emby in monitor.app

On my old Mac mini 2012 i5 2c with MacOS 10.15.4 EmbyServer 4.4.2.0 is running,  maybe the new one have to many cores?

Greetings from Austria.

On my new Mac mini 2018 i5 6c with clean MacOS 10.15.4 EmbyServer 4.4.2.0 to not open with right klick, but it give this error massage "Du kannst das Programm „EmbyServer.app“ nicht öffnen, da es nicht reagiert."

When dry to delete EmbyServer.app I got this massage, Das Objekt „EmbyServer.app“ kann nicht in den Papierkorb gelegt werden, da es geöffnet ist.

No answer at http://localhost:8096, no Emby in TOP, no Emby in monitor.app

On my old Mac mini 2012 i5 2c with MacOS 10.15.4 EmbyServer 4.4.2.0 is running,  maybe the new one have to many cores?

Greetings from Austria.

Hi there, how did you install the server?

RoPe69

After downloading the app move it into Applications.

​Now Ifound something.

1. starting the app on terminal "open EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer" works.

2. starting the tray of the app on terminal "open EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/embytray" return this:

pelzmann@@Server ~ % /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/embytray ; exit;

panic: runtime error: index out of range [3] with length 1

goroutine 20 [running]:

main.onReady()

/Users/luke/Emby.Server.NetCore.dev/src/EmbyServer/embytray/main.go:155 +0x6c4

github.com/getlantern/systray.Run.func2(0xc00008e0c0, 0x437cc10)

/Users/luke/go/src/github.com/getlantern/systray/systray.go:67 +0x3e

created by github.com/getlantern/systray.Run

/Users/luke/go/src/github.com/getlantern/systray/systray.go:65 +0xf1

Hoppy this can help you to fix the problem.

Ok I wanted to make sure you moved it into applications. when you try to launch, how are you doing that?

RoPe69

Yes, I download the zip file, extract it, move to applications, right-klick to star, it works but only short because an kernel panic, after reboot macos it does not open.

After reboot only on terminal it's running and a new installation I have make too.

But next day after rebooting macos again EmbyServer is runinng normal.

I dont now what happend, the mac is brand new.

RoPe69

Oh my God, my Array with 20TB is formatted with Apple Filesystem.

So I will wait for 10.15.5

Thanks for information